Calling out Blanca

mzrsq

Busaless
Donating Member
Registered
Blanca,in regards to an old post here https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/123639-florida-keys-help.html

So, 25 hours of driving, leaving snow and 28 degrees and arrivng here in Marathon to sun and 80 I revisted this post and your recommendation for the "No Name Pub". The girls enjoyed scribbling on dollars and stapling them to the wall, the pizza was great, and although we didn't get the fries to go, we drove down the road the pub is on to the end and seen many deer. They even approached us (I think they thought we had those fries) and even licked the girls hands...........

An awesome recommendation.............Thank you so very much

OMG.....tears are in my eyes...

Cute little Key Deer nibblin your fingers....:thumbsup:
Your daughters will talk about that when they are 40 like I am now....
Memories that will last a lifetime...

You are right now in a rare area as very few spots in the US can you see the sun rise and set over the ocean.

DO YOU HAVE A BOAT ?
If so you need to make it up to the 7 mile bridge.
About 1/2 mile south of bridge on Gulf Side is a sand bar you can beach boat on.
About ankle to knee deep there.
You can see the most beautiful sunset you will ever see there un obstructed.

If your an early riser you can see sun come up north side/Ocean side of bridge.

NO BOAT

Just drive up to 7 mile bridge.
The old 7 mile bridge runs right right next to it if you did not notice.
You can drive up and park on old 7 mile bridge and see the sunset from there.
Like seeing Times Square when you visit NY you have to see a sunset from 7 mile Bridge in Marathon just back a bit north of No Name pub....

I'm in West Palm Beach.
5 mins from I95
10 mins from turnpike

you cant get by me !
I'll be watching for you

I like 1/2 pepperoni and 1/2 house special no anchovies..
Call me when your passin by......I'll meet you at the exit....:laugh:

Just kidding....

Go to Key West rent them some scooters and turn them loose.
tell them to meet you back 'right here at Buffets Margaritaville...your mother and I are gonna rest for a while.... :drink:

gex-key-deer.jpg

key deer.jpg

KEY DEER 3.jpg

KEY DEER 4.jpg

Last edited:
While your at the north end of the 7 mile bridge, check the resturant on the gulf side...they have awesome conch chowder!

Blanca, Those are the very looks we were getting from those little deer, You have them spoiled :rofl: We had left over pizza, but it was to good to share with them...

No boat this trip and we were so tired we didn't even take the bikes out yesterday. Gonna run down to key west today, looking to run up to the everglades maybe tues or wed...Anybody got any recommendations of things to see or places that are better than others for that area let me know........

Again, thank you Blanca, I'ts those types of recommendations that make these trips fun.......

The place was was busy, but I didn't see any advertising or nothing for it, but I could smell the pizza as we came around the corner 5-6 house away.........

Wifes taking a bunch of pics........thats her job since I'm paying.....I'll post a bunch when we get home next week................

Cheers :beerchug:

Last edited:
Good enjoy .
Must eat burgers at Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville .
Very good famous burgers.
Also get your token tied died shirt while there .

Go see Hemingways house .
lots of cool pics inside .

Just walking around or on a scooter is great in key west .
Small and diff to get lost .

Glad your having fun

As far as Everglades goes .
Really only thing you can do is take an airboat ride thru it .
Pilot will blast your thru swamp lands and you will see many Gators.

can't open link from phone but I vaguely remember it.
If this is place where the nutty guy made all the crazy shapes and home out of stuff then yes it's worth a look see ...

Most of the time I went I camped fished hunted bugs drank and slept for three weeks :laugh:

Hunted bugs ???

Rode to Key West today, got sunburned. Stopped at Fat Bouyz just before the 7 mile, wild game burgers and chili and stuff....It was good, outdoor bar type place. Had a burger, a few beers, rode to Key West, scoped it out but didn't really stop anywhere. Will take the girls back to Duval for some shopping and fun................It was a good day, but rain tomorrow.

BUGS are what Floridians call LOBSTERS
They are all over the place down there.
I'm sure you have noticed the stacks and stacks of lobster traps all around (wood slat boxes) ?
You could wade out and look under a rock and chances are there is or was a bug under it .

Bug Huntin' , we have a mini season and then a reg season that runs for a few mos coming up in August. Big thing here. You cannot imagine .
Like a mini gold rush every year.
Really kinda played out now but ten to fifteen yrs ago even longer it was the place to be come August.
That time of yr down there only the hardest of the hard can take the heat and sun .
Only a true Conch can take it.
Takes years and years of toughening your body and mind with countless hours of being pulled behind the boat on a rope looking for bug holes dodging nurse sharks , barracudas and other drunks in the water !

Seriously at that time of yr it's HOT down there and most not conditioned for it will have burnt skin in thirty mins no matter what you put on.
It will burn you thru your shirt !

You are much closer to the equator down here hence much closer to the sun hence the rays are so much more intense .
Simple science but alot don't pay it any attn and think a sunny day is a sunny day anywhere.
Then they look like lobsters ! ahahaahahah

As for the rain , don't worry it never rains long in the keys .
Too much fresh air sweeping over .
Along with the sun you'll get a soaker and in thirty mins it will be dry as if nothing happened.
Pay ZERO attn to forecast and only listen and look up .
If it's thundering and drops are falling , guess what it's gonna rain .
If it ain't go on with your biz .
Forecast for rain is just covering their backside .
Rains every day somewhere in the Keys !

Can't remember the station but there is an absolute killer rock radio station down there ?

Back