calling health buffs

dewie

Registered
years back I was in a car wreck and my neck is screwed. After a long day of riding or even sitting at my desk my neck is killing. Some times I can't even turn my head side to side. And after the gym doing weights I'm done for days after.

So my question is, has any had any luck with these inversion tables? It's one of those machines where you strap your feet in and flip upside down and let your spine straighen out. I've read it does wonders for neck and back, helps with circulation..

But the cheap ones start at $250.00.. So I wanted to ask my busa family if they own one and if they are worth it.

I have one and use it every day, some days twice. I originally bought it because of lower back issues, but the stretch felt in the neck is great. They are a little pricey, and the correct configuration around the ankles needs to be figured out ( I use a thick pair of socks and the right pair of shoes) but it's very worth it :thumbsup:.

Not sure about the machine, but always wanted to try one. One thing you can do is excercise your neck. Rotate your head around your shoulders in a 360 degree movement and hold it on each side, front and back. This stretches your neck muscles and will help to keep them loose. I try to do that with mine several times a day. Start by going clockwise and then go counter clockwise. That really helps me.

My co-worker uses one for his back. It works for him. There was that guy that fell out of it and broke his neck awhile back too.

Have you tried seeing a chiropractor? If you haven't, you should find a good one in your area that will get your background, take some X-rays, and recommend an exercise program for your neck. I forgot to look to see what area you're from, but try to google a Back Institute near you.

Don't know about the effectiveness of the machine but I do know enough to stay away from chiropractors. See a real physical therapist so you won't have to continue seeing one for years to come (like a chiropractor). I had neck problems and after a few sessions with a physical therapist my neck is fine!

thanks for the tips guys.. I crack my own back and it doesn't help me that much. Massage therpists make a differance for me. I strech and heat pack it a couple times a week. just getting sick of it.

Back