Calling ECU Guru's - Year / region question

Couldn't a person use a US ignition and US ECU and thereby get rid of the immobilizer? What else would have to be changed?

I suppose there's no reason why not. I guess it'd be a matter of changing the plugs over from a 6 pin to a 4 pin ... But tbh, I'm not sure if that's all there is??

Couldn't a person use a US ignition and US ECU and thereby get rid of the immobilizer? What else would have to be changed?

As far as I understand, yes.
And the ecu only needs the U.S country code, regardless of what country it went to originally.
That the immobilizer is a simple on/off, if it doesn't recognize the signal from the chipped key. Just 2 wires through the harness to the ecu, with the setting for it wrote into that country's code.
From the info I found in the past, there were no other sensors on the bike that would/could shut it down if it were moved.

Question...
And if you know, please PM me directly, not here in the public forum.
If you have been following this thread, you will understand my question.
I'm also happy to supply my full name and details to anybody in a private conversation.

I believe WRT can turn off the imoblzr system, which in theory should allow it to be re-enabled.
Does anybody know if EcuE can do the same?
I don't meed to know how, just a yes/no answer. I will figure the rest out

If admin believes this post is inappropriate, please delete.

Back