calling Blanca Boo.

lil charlie

Registered
Bro... I have a 2003 silverado 1500 LS that I want to trade in. Carmax offered me 9k for it and I dont know if that is fair or not. Kelly Blue Book says $9100 low end and $11, 000 for perfect. My truck is pretty nice but I wouldn't call it perfect. I was expecting around $9800- $10,000. They are telling me that the current market doesnt allow for anymore than 9K. Is that bull or legit? Mine is an 03 ( 4 doors but the back 2 are the half doors, it does have a full sixe back seat) with 67K, extended cab LS model with the 4.8L V8 and the 6-1/2' foot bed (step side). 2wd, auto, power seat, spray in bed liner, bed rails, tow package, upgraded stereo, premium wheels. VIN #1GCEC19V83Z220231 Its overall condition is on the upper end of good, not perfect but far better than average. What do you think?

Here is a pic of her

ForumRunner_20120402_164939.png

they can play with the numbers and make it seem like youre getting more but youre just paying more for what youre getting. find out what you want then see what your paying for it after trade and see what it reflects. no matter what youll come out better selling the truck yourself, itll just take some effort on your part

I know kbb sucks, thats why i was asking Saiid. The carfax should be clean. I may try on craigs list for a while then trade it in if it doesn't sell.

m_ridgeway said:
they can play with the numbers and make it seem like youre getting more but youre just paying more for what youre getting. find out what you want then see what your paying for it after trade and see what it reflects. no matter what youll come out better selling the truck yourself, itll just take some effort on your part

I cant get them to budge on sticker price either. They have a "no haggle" policy. The prices are already the lowest they will go, you by it or you don't. Thats why i want to make sure i get a fair value for my trade in.

Here's the current black book on your truck. Mannheim shows them in similar shape selling for less.
I regularly send folks to Carmax for their trades. Carmax is a Natl org and can give more for cars because they can place them in whatever region is strong for that vehicle. $9000 is def fair.

fde2d5a0.jpg

3 categories are rough-average and clean. You will rarely see clean value for a trade. Could you get $10 or more in a private sale? Most likely yes but then you will have to deal with every Tom **** and Harry showing up to look at it. Also if you sell it to one of them and tranny falls out next day who's door do you think they will knock on? Sell it to Carmax and walk away, clean.

What type of vehicle are we buying? I can sell and ship Fords anywhere and if it's a Chevy I have connects for them as well. You will not get a more aggressive deal than in South Florida. There are twenty dealerships within a ten mile circle. We sell approx 300 a month of this lot. Not many northern dealers move that kind of qua.

Not budging off sticker?! Hahahahahaha
Tell that salesman to keep dreaming about making a profit and move on.

Blanca Boo said:
Here's the current black book on your truck. Mannheim shows them in similar shape selling for less.
I regularly send folks to Carmax for their trades. Carmax is a Natl org and can give more for cars because they can place them in whatever region is strong for that vehicle. $9000 is def fair.

3 categories are rough-average and clean. You will rarely see clean value for a trade. Could you get $10 or more in a private sale? Most likey yes but then you will have to deal with every Tom **** and Harry showing up to look at it. Also if you sell it to one of them and tranny falls out next day who's door do you think they will knock on? Sell it to Carmax and walk away, clean.

Thanks boo bear!

I cant get them to budge on sticker price either. They have a "no haggle" policy. The prices are already the lowest they will go, you by it or you don't. Thats why i want to make sure i get a fair value for my trade in.

Take it from me that is the biggest pile of dog doo in the world.
Our store is same. Guaranteed lowest price right on the window. I show msrp, I show rebates and I show dealer discount and then I show window price. And you know what? The customer just thinks that's where we start to negotiate. I guarantee there is $500-1500 gross still left on their window price. tell them you will give them $100 over invoice less rebates and ask to see it. If they don't want to do that I'd move on. Lots of other dealers out there more hungry.

i dont trust car salesmen......

but ill trust a car Boo..... :laugh:

I've been successful by treating folks right and being honest. I've seen too many salesman get tripped up in their own lies and cost themselves deals that should have been made. Can't tell you how many I've had to call next day and get back in to the store for them. Oh well you make an honest deal and get the whole point and commission or I will find someone who wants to take care of things and take half. I don't care, let's just roll it. :)

No just trade or actual market value. Retail is purely speculative. You can always go down :)
Where's link to it on their website? I'll take a look at it

How much you spending on that Suburban? This one needs a new home.

2007 Suburban.jpg

Chevrolet : Suburban Chevrolet : Suburban | eBay

Here is the one I was looking at. I need something large with a big 3rd row (7-8 people). we have 5 in the family now and another on the way. My wife drives a 2010 Ford flex but its the 6 person one and the two bucket seats in the middle will have car seats in them. That leaves my 13yo and 10yo to cram into the tiny 3rd row, which i don't like. Im looking to trade in my silverado and be OTD on the SUV at $14,000. Thats why im looking at the older ones.... Sorry RacerV but I can tell by the shape of the headlights that it's the newer model which will be out of my price range....plus I need to trade in what I got cuz I need the cash thats in it; I only owe $3300 on it.

Back