Calling all haybusa wheelie experts!!

busabrother

Registered
Okay, here is the deal. I have the first gear roll on wheelies down to where i can bring it up in first all throttle and walk her to the end of the gear......... but how the fuc& do i switch gears in the air. I am scared to use the clutch. Should I just clutchless foot shift if so, when do i do it. right near redline or before. Help a brother out. I wanna be able to go through all the gears. TIA

I would say be careful, bro. With regards to shifting, you DO NOT want to use the clutch when your front is in the air. This will make you bike very unstable and it could also ruin your trans.

I I heard that people use clutchless shifting when they're walkin the bike through the gears, but I never heard of doing clutchless from first to second. I recommend finding a dirtbike and practicing it on that.

Just my .02.... hope it helps. Stay safe, bro!

Yeah I would say a dirt bike or a BMX...Just messin. But I have heard the same just going clutchless its pretty hard either way and you might be sliding with your bike down the road if you mess up. Just find an old beater a empty parking lot and go for it with full gear on. but be careful

busabro, I dont use a clutch to shift after I start the bike period.
but you shouldn't do wheelies in 1st unless you are just doin it to clown.
you should start in 2nd gear and at about 45, nail the throttle like you were ready to race
someone, that will get you up in the air and if you need to go over 100 mph on one wheel, seek help.

My busa could power up in 3rd, but honestly, once you learn how to master using the clutch,
you will never go back to powering it up. the clutch will scare the poop outta you, but the clutch is
so easy to make it come up and it's easier to balance when you got that part down.

and honestly, I don't do sit down wheelies in 2nd gear or higher.
strictly stand ups starting @ 45mph and clutching the hell outta it with my knees bended at first
and then BAMMMM, up in the air fully standing up and using the rear passenger left side peg to balance if needed.

hope that helps a little.

You have mail...
evil.gif

same problem here BB
first gear whelie only until i reach the cut off
in 19 yrs of riding i never figured that one out
but witht the busa 85 on a wheelie is still fun.
I don't think i can do power wheelie un 2nd
maybe i never tried.

tazeone is right.2nd gear use the clutch and your off.... hold on!!!!! I have got it from 1st to 2nd a few times,but its a little shaky.Just be carefull,make sure your off the beaten path too when playen around.....

then maybe you can explain what I was doing wrong. I can power up all day long but every time I try the clutch, I either only get an inch or two or my rear wheel just spins. Not what I was looking for.

you're not clutching it properly ^^^^
and you may be leaning forward, causing the rear wheel to peel out.
if you pull in the clutch and hit 6k and pop it out, all of these motions in 1 sec, the bike will be on one for sure.
it takes a lotta practice to get use to clutching it.

a really useful hint :
if it's hard to lift up even when throttling it pretty hard,
your not really giving it immediate gas and I mean hard and fast

but the solution to all end all solutions......
when you are ready to pull that bitch up, bounce the front forks off the ground
and then throttle, front will come up like a unicorn
tounge.gif
wow.gif

to shift from 1st to 2nd on one wheel u must do it as the wheel is coming up in 1st.. just momentarily let off the gas and shift but when u get back on it u BETTER becareful on the amount of throttle u give it or u WILL be sitting on ur ass!

She"ll point straight up.......i agree you want it up just gas, clutch,and bounce those hi tec forks and you will be looken straight up.I also agree with the sitten on your azz,if ya dont watch the throttle,just remember your back brake,if ya think your going over just tap that back brake and you will have the front on the ground like a ton of bricks.Just make sure your out in the countryside somewhere while your trying,ya cant stear the greatest while on one wheel"while ya can,but thats a different story", but we wouldnt want ya clipping a mack truck or something,be carefull
biggrin.gif

I recommend starting off with power wheelies in one gear first, just pop the front up in 2nd (following Tap's instruct) for short jaunts to get the feel. Most importantly master using the rear brake to save yr ass if your past the balancepoint. Save using the clutch (which is the best technique) for a 2nd level after you feel confident being on one wheel. Power wheelies running through gears is for horseing around and usually you end about 100+ before you know it. I feel you don't learn balancing as much with that technique, your engine is doing the most of the work to keep you up rather then balance & throttle which demands the most control.
rememeber to respect the bikes weight, it's a big bike to pop up despite the best of your skills.
Mik

I agree with Tazeone. I don't use a clutch at all. I just roll to about 40mph in 2nd gear, then whack the fugg out of it. Once up, learning to shift through the gears isn't as easy as some may think. My suggestion would be to find a restricted area with a lot of distance to practice. Try going up a gear at a time. I'm sure the Stunnahman can definitely help you with this one.
biggrin.gif

Brian

Ok, Lets see here, first before you start doing any other crap you being told learn how to use your constant mesh clutch, this is for your clutchless upshifts. Don't ever think about walking through gears until you have mastered this, don't worry doesn't take long, and also do it at low rpms until you get the hang up it. When you want to shift BARELY close the throttle just a split second before you shift up. YOUR BIKE IS MADE FOR THIS TYPE OF SHIFTING. Get the hang of it, get to where it doesn't even feel like you shifting, this is of course going to make it easier on the bike. Now try going hard and shifting like this, same technic and it should shift smoothly.

Once your happy with that shifting,
1. You can shift from 1 through whetever your balls can stand. (I've only been to 4 gear on the fly, came down and about 150 actual speed.)

2. IT IS DEFINITLY BETTER to come up in second, I get up to about 65 on the speedo which is 6500rpm also. Stand up and gun it, as the bike comes up, I sit back down, try to find the balance point, I know others use the back brake but its a pain to me closing the throttle works quite well.

3. When you are ready to shift, do you upshift you learned, and get back into the throttle. 3rd gear and you are good, you have a lot of rpms to play with then.

Be careful. This is how to when you wheelie contests, my record 5 miles, not much but hey it was fun.
biggrin.gif

busa_side.JPG

I did a wheelee for 2 hours until the gas went on empty.
Then I woke up
laugh.gif

Wow, 5 miles on a wheelie.
Anyone knows what is the world record?

"I had a dream last night I was on the beach drink the biggest margarita in the world, woke up and there was salt on the toilet, good thing I didn't eat the worm."
The Cable Guy.
BCCT
biggrin.gif

Back