calling all gsxr1100 ppl

jones20992

Registered
hey guys i am new here and i am lookng at buying my first busa

ive rode a lot of 600 and 1000 cc sport bikes and right now my ride is a 91 gsx-r 1100 with a yosh pipe and +2 -1

what i am looking to find out is what is a busa like to ride compaired to my old 1100 being that the dealer wont let me test ride it because its a busa

btw its an my03 thats stock cept the 1"risers and a double bubble wind screen

if anybody has rode both of these bikes please let me know how you would rate the 2 on handeling brakeing and accleration in relation to each other

thanks all

:welcome: and good luck with that question. I have never been on a 91 gsx-r1100 but Busa will do what ever you want it to do and more. :cheerleader:

Have not owned one but did get a chance to ride one a long time ago. Ergos, handling and power delivery was more for the track. Cannot really compare it to the Busa

The old 1100 is a great bike, but the Busa outperforms it in all ways. The weight feels similiar, only I think it's not as noticeable because the Busa handles better. The brakes are better, although there's room for improvement on both. The Busa also out accelerates the 1100.
Sit on the Busa, rock it side to side, if you think it's comfortable and you like how it feels, you will not be disapointed with any of the other areas you ask about.
There is also a huge aftermarket for the Busa, you can easily change seats, bars, pegs to even better suit your needs. Also, you can't beat fuel injection, it's so much nicer, bike starts easier, it's easier to tune with a computer than fool with carbueretors.
You may want to look at a gen2 also(08 and newer)old Busa's are great bikes, but Suzuki made alot of improvements, including power and brakes.

The Busa is a better bike all the way around and my gen 2 is a monster power wise compared to the early 90's gsxr's although I wish I still had the my old 93.

I had a 91 gixxer 1100 with a supercharger. Busa makes about the same amount of power, (about 175 hp) but much more fluidly. It handles better, feels more stable, and is far more comfortable. Fuel injection is waaaaaaay better than carbs, and the Busa is the best platform for whatever kinds of mods you wish to apply. These bikes can be set up very easily to do any kind of riding you want. Go buy it, you will not regret it, other than the sentimental feeling you will have when you see a clean example of your old bike if you are attached to it.

My second street bike was a 1983 GS1100ESD similiar to the pic below. I bought it used in '86. My friend still has it. It was fast for me but I was 20 y/o and only weighed 145lbs. First bike was a 1973 Kawasaki H2 (triple) 2 stroke.

The '86 Ninja 900 was fastest production at that time plus it had the mono shock, hydrualic clutch, 6-speed trans, and smaller diameter front tire.

Suzuki-GS1100ES-83.jpg

1972-kawasaki-h2-750-mach-iv-1.jpg

Take your business to someone that will let you test drive it.

They have insurance, that's what its for.

well i dont hold it against them its snowing today and there is still a lot of sand on the roads from the winter and for 5240 out the door with 5246 miles it has 1 scratch on the tank that looks like it came from a jacket zipper i dont think iam going to find a better deal

I got a buddy who's got a gsxr 1100 and it's no way in comparison with a busa, Don't get me wrong I would love to have one or a 1993 cbr900 to own. look up twinvipers on here, he has every bike known to man, so he can give you a reveiw.

i owned a 89 (got stolen after 3 weeks ) 91 ( wrecked it in less than 30 days and 93 ( let's say we parted ways after a bit of convincing from the judge)11's, never mastered them as our relationships were always cut short, but if you ar going from that to the busa, it will be day and night, as the busa isn't as forgiven as the old gissers, I mean gixxers, i would love to find and built onther 1100 but maybe a 95 or 96...good luck :bowdown:

Back