Calling all aviators!

Rainbow7

Registered
So...who flies what?

I went for a two hour flight today; used my GoPro to record the entire thing in 720p@60fps.

Helicopter lesson2.jpg

I was flying a Robinson R22.

Helicopter lesson2.jpg

Helicopter license is still on my bucket list. Was current on a 172 a few years back, but my biking habits have killed time for that hobby. You need to post up that vid!

Typed up to a Boeing 727 and Rotory Wing. Lots of Heli and Single Fix Wing in SE Asia and Africa. It's one of the real JOYS in life other than jumping out of one :thumbsup: (of course only when you were planning to when you took off :laugh: - Been there, Done That and it isn't as much fun :whistle: ) :beerchug:

I would love to become an aircraft pilot.. the cost is soo very high though and then all the other random fees like owning a plane. :(

Your a helicopter pilot ?!? Nice! Now I really wish I could come to Australia and meet up with you :laugh:. Maybe one day...

What is the average cost to get a pilots license for small aircraft?

I'd love to do it, but financing it has always seemed prohibitive.

EDIT: HMMMM...scrolled up after this post and lo and behold, a flight school add. Me thinks the Org has learned how to read our minds! :laugh:

Rated in OH58A/C, UH-1 and AH-64. Have logged time in OH-58D. UH-60L simulator time.

Took my newest toy to the airport last month.

My bike is about the same color. The Busa is also the fastest of the three vehicles.

But I feel a lot safer in the Mooney at 180 mph, it carries more stuff, can go farther on a tank of gas, and no speeding tickets!

mini-P1020795.JPG

mini-P1020796.JPG

I'd rather jump than fly, but my wife likes to do both.

C172 and now, 1946 Taylorcraft (this is her).

And some skydiving :)

Cessna 182 and a Piper Tri-Pacer. Before that a 1941 Taylorcraft. I live on a residential airpark and the Busa sleeps with the planes. I don't know what goes on in that hangar at night :whistle:

My dad is a CFI so I've only flown his schweizer 300. By the time I hit Ft Rucker next year it will be TH-67 and UH-60. Can't wait!

Cessna 182 and a Piper Tri-Pacer. Before that a 1941 Taylorcraft. I live on a residential airpark and the Busa sleeps with the planes. I don't know what goes on in that hangar at night :whistle:

Pre-war Taylorcraft? What happened to it? We've got to replace the wing tanks in ours (rust) :banghead:

Back