Calling all 44 and 45 tooth rear sprocket users

Stealth08

Registered
Hey everyone, just looking for some imput on sprockets. I don't want to replace my front but I am set on putting a rear sprocket on and just wondering who has a 44 or 45 tooth sprocket and how it changed the feel. I am looking to still do top end runs so no larger than 45 teeth please. Thanks for all the great info guys. :bowdown:

You guys ever try running flat out with those 46 sprockets? Just wondering what you were seeing for speed. I don't think I want to go that big but then again I did see a 600RR the other day with a 80 tooth sprocket on it. :lol:
Stunting, not so much, just need better acceleration than now with the ability to still hit just over 200. Not much to ask, right? :rofl:

The bike will still make about 187 mph with a 46 sprocket if the speed limiter on 6th is removed, anf it will reach 187 sooner than with 43T. The tourqe on the rear wheel increases by 7% with 46T vs. 43.

I am running a 44 tooth rear sprocket. I was quite surprised by how much diference there was with just a 2 to 3 percent gearing change. The wheelbase is slightly shorter so the handling is slightly quicker. The acceleration is slightly faster. The bike revs just a bit quicker. I doubt that the top speed would be affected. When it is time for chain and sprockets I will go for the same ratios. Have fun experimenting...

I'm running -1, +2, all the difference in the world. Being quick is great.:thumbsup:

I ran a 16/45 on my stock engine before and it pulled like a damn tow truck. I loved it. I'm going back to the 16/45 with my bike now.

Hey everyone, just looking for some imput on sprockets. I don't want to replace my front but I am set on putting a rear sprocket on and just wondering who has a 44 or 45 tooth sprocket and how it changed the feel. I am looking to still do top end runs so no larger than 45 teeth please. Thanks for all the great info guys. :bowdown:
I went 16/42 on my gen1 busa which is equal to a 44 1/2 on just the rear........its incredible gearing :thumbsup: :bowdown: The bike pulls shockingly hard, but still gets mid thirties for mpg, and still cruises fine at highway speeds. And I can still go a true 180 at the de-restricted redline :thumbsup: Personally tho I wouldn't gear any lower :;):
Sorry guys, just realized this was the 2nd gen forum....I was just going through the new posts, my bad :banghead:

Last edited:
I run a 45 on the road...great for wheelies, mountains, and running with the wife double up (before she was expecting). Anyway, I like it better on the road, but at the strip I run faster times with the stock 43 (aluminum) sprocket. The motor likes the power range of it better.

Of course I also run the 41 and 42 for top end runs at Maxton...you'll like the 45 on the street, just be ready to lift the front end because it's not staying down for long.

I run a 45 on the road...great for wheelies, mountains, and running with the wife double up (before she was expecting). Anyway, I like it better on the road, but at the strip I run faster times with the stock 43 (aluminum) sprocket. The motor likes the power range of it better.

Of course I also run the 41 and 42 for top end runs at Maxton...you'll like the 45 on the street, just be ready to lift the front end because it's not staying down for long.

wow thats weired im way quicker on the strip with the 45 rear!!

Yeah, I thought it wierd too...talked to some of the guys that run a lot and that's kinda what they told me, that the big bore motors like the range of the stock size sprocket better. I think it's all in the shifting though, I ran out of gear quicker with the 45 and had to shift quicker, while the 43 would still be pulling...also, I think a 45 would run faster if an air shifter is involved.

I ran the 1/4 at Bristol on stock sprocket...we ran two Busa's side by side with identical setup except for weight difference. I weigh about 20lbs more. Anyway, my buddy installed the air shifter and pulled about 1/4 bike length on every shift.

I have a 0-6in. swing arm, I'm at about 4 over. I'm running 17-45 Gen II.

Last edited:
In process of setting up to sell SuperSprox. Buy Now for Hayabusa is built.

, need to finish up EZ buy now for Gen-II

Got 15,000 on my Supersprox now, works great, and amazingly little wear compared to last 70K of sprocket use on this bike. :laugh: They cost more ($90), but said to last 3x longer than normal. Putting that to the test, and so far so good.

Mine

Back