call me a chicken

kod3001

Registered
I wanna have a go fixing some clear front lenses (signals/indicators).

I've got them bought, just want to fit them tomorrow when the sun is shining.

Just a quick one, is it a heavily involved job, do I need to complete dismantle the front fairing? or is it a bit easier than that?

thanks in advance.

It was more involved than I thought it would be, but before I was done I think I'd taken more off than I really needed to...

If nothing else, you'll learn how to get that stinkin' nose piece off and back on again! It's fun!
laugh.gif

Kicker for me was that I hated the clear lenses, so I did all the dismantling for nothing...

CHICKEN!!!

Are 'ya happy now?

It was pretty easy for me. I just ... ummm .... what was it I did again .... hmmmm ... ohhh, I remember ... never mind, the '05 came with clear lenses.

CHICKEN!!!

Are 'ya happy now?

It was pretty easy for me. I just ... ummm .... what was it I did again .... hmmmm ... ohhh, I remember ... never mind, the '05 came with clear lenses.
haha
yeah its prob the hradest part of the farings to take off and on the bike, just take your time and do it slow, dont force anything, i would be more concerned about the actual lese on the turn signal the glue is VERY strong and is hard to get the lens off
good luck
p.s. i have an 05 but i smoked my turn signals

dont take the fairing off. You can do it by reaching in. Just remove the inners(the black dash pieces).

RSD.

It was more involved than I thought it would be, but before I was done I think I'd taken more off than I really needed to...

If nothing else, you'll learn how to get that stinkin' nose piece off and back on again!  It's fun!
laugh.gif

Kicker for me was that I hated the clear lenses, so I did all the dismantling for nothing...
I'll have to take your word for that Michelle!
smile.gif

I want to get closer to the bike, and not have to worry that I'm gonna break something everytime I take a panel off.

CHICKEN!!!

Are 'ya happy now?

haha
yeah its prob the hradest part of the farings to take off and on the bike, just take your time and do it slow, dont force anything, i would be more concerned about the actual lese on the turn signal the glue is VERY strong and is hard to get the lens off
good luck
p.s. i have an 05 but i smoked my turn signals
Is the whole unit stuck to the panel? I didn't realise that, I thought it would clip or bolt in.

If you take the nose off be carefull not to crack it when pulling over the mirror mounts. take your time and cover the front fender to keep from scratching it. good luck.

I've done this jop a bazillion times... Remove the nose. Not that hard. Just remove the mirrors first, then the 6 mounting bolts that mounts the nose to the side fairings ( 3 on each side). You don't have to take the windscreen off if you don't want to either. Once pulled slightly away from the bike, you have to unplug the wiring harness for the lighting. Also, you will have to remove the little plastic push tab directly under the headlight just above the fender. Once removed, you just unscrew the bulb assembly from the housing, and then remove the two screws that hold each housing in place. Shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to complete the job.

Back