California to Reno route plans/departure times?

CCbusa05

Donating Member
Registered
Have any of you guys made plans yet to group up for the ride over the Sierras en route to the Stampede? If at all possible, I’d love to be able to hook up with some of you for the ride into Reno, or at least as far as Carson City for those that might be coming over Sonora Pass (hwy 108), Ebbetts Pass (hwy 4) or Carson Pass (hwy 88).

Hey, Jimbo...I'll be slabbing from Phoenix (I think) on Monday...

Grrrr...the slab! However, it will bring me to Reno, so...:whistle:

:cheerleader:

Last edited:
i could get the bike off the truck do a couple runs with ya, then pick up the truck and head in:laugh::thumbsup:

Jimbo, I'm ridin' in Tuesdee. Meet me at the Mormon Emigrant Rest at 88. We'll run back to Sly Park then Ice House. Find our way to your State via 49/89. What do you know of the roads around the Stampede Dam and Henness Pass Rd that run into Verdi?

I'm shootin for a tuesday departure and riding somehwere ...? for a couple days before I arrive on thursday.

Jimbo, I'm ridin' in Tuesdee. Meet me at the Mormon Emigrant Rest at 88. We'll run back to Sly Park then Ice House. Find our way to your State via 49/89. What do you know of the roads around the Stampede Dam and Henness Pass Rd that run into Verdi?
Hey Russ! As we discussed this morning in Dardanelle, we'll keep in touch and most definitely hook up at that little rest stop you mentioned. I'm thinking there are dirt roads mixed in on the Stampede Dam route. We'd best stear clear of that area. We'll keep in touch as the big day approaches! :beerchug:

The wife and I will be heading up on Saturday to Fresno then Sunday off to Yosemite area and over one of the passes and on to Reno.
:thumbsup:

Jdog

Kent any other Stampede attendees that might be interested; keep an eye on this thread as more specific details are ironed out. If Russ and I meet as planned, our route will take us down Iron Mountain to Sly Park which is just out of Placerville. Then tentatively, we'll be heading through Georgetown to Wentworth Springs Road that eventually connects with Ice House Road. From there it'll be an exit out onto hwy 50 heading east to South Lake Tahoe and on into Reno.
I'm hoping we can get more than just the two of us hooked up.

Back