California Riders

They're not any faster in Cali than anywhere else. This generalization is not appropriate. There are fast riders evrywhere. I believe Nicky Hayden is currently the fastest American road racing rider and he is from.....Kentucky. Kenny Roberts Jr.? John Hopkins? My point is not that the guys in Cali are not real fast just that there are fast riders in every are of the U.S. and abroad. Some of the best roads to ride are located in California but I think Deals Gap is at least as good or better than anything Cali has to offer! Besides that speed is not as important as having a good time and being careful out there!

Thanks BusaBud  

Look for an article about my pashnit.com website written by none other than Motorcycle DemiGod Editor in Chief David Edwards of Cycle World in next month's issue (Nov '03).  

Another reason why we're faster. :crazy:

Kenny Roberts Sr. is from Modesto, CA and I think Jr. is still from CA also. At least he was....

The reality is that balls, not location, makes for speed. We just have more practice time with the very mild weather all year long.

I dont suppose it has anything to do with the fact that we have
1.WSIR
2. California Speedway's new raoadrace course
3. ButtonWillow
4. Firebird
5. Pahrump

All within a 2 - 5 hr. drive

and (yeah, I am rubbing it in a bit:D )
Road rides like:
1. Palomar Mtn.
2. Julian
3. The Ortega

all within 30 mins. of Town! (Carlsbad).

It is true that alot of guys get bikes, and then go out to the canyons with too much adrenaline, and too little experience.

but hey; those guys keep the rest of us "flush" with cheap spare parts for our race bikes!

All I can say is after readin the posts...California and riding is an attitude. Havin an attitude doesn't always mean your the best. Havin an attitude does impress some....for others they could care less about the biggest and the baddest and the fastest...they just do their own thing - ride. All riders have a place and a time to do what they do best.

Yes it is a Tude... I moved to Cali from the Southeast (Florida and Lousiana) and I have to say that Cali (NM and AZ mountains) have some of the best riding available for a large part of the year.

Case in point.... BulletTrain and I bought Busa's at about the same time. I have almost 2k miles and I think his last report was about 500 miles. He is in GA and I am in Nor Cal... There has only been 2 days since I bought the bike that I did not ride it because of the weather. I have not asked him if weather has stopped him from riding... Bullet - Has the weather kept you off the bike?

Yes it is a Tude...  I moved to Cali from the Southeast (Florida and Lousiana) and I have to say that Cali (NM and AZ mountains) have some of the best riding available for a large part of the year.

Case in point....  BulletTrain and I bought Busa's at about the same time.  I have almost 2k miles and I think his last report was about 500 miles.  He is in GA and I am in Nor Cal...  There has only been 2 days since I bought the bike that I did not ride it because of the weather.  I have not asked him if weather has stopped him from riding...  Bullet - Has the weather kept you off the bike?
not an "attitude" at all, really..........
just an observation.

having lived and ridden in a variety of areas (Oahu, Japan, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, AND Ca.)

but, I can see how you could make such an assumption.

California riders are totally bless..they have lots of tracks to practice their skill and the greatest schools are down there. Plus California riders can ride all year round not to mention they have the best twisties..I've ever ridden. If you get to ride these types of roads daily hell you'd be an awesome rider as well...look at Lobusa..that girl rocks:)
A jealouse canadian..dreaming of california roads.:;):

Love the roads here...

Was try'n to get a sat photo of Hwy 84, ran out of patience.

Look here: TerraFly

I ride around zip 94020, put that in the locator and "fly" around.

yeah i am from san diego and yeah its nice. i had to moved because off to many tickets, drag racing cars. where do you guys roll? i have herd that there are places up north of LA and LA that race corners for money, you know point a to b. yeah there was a guy with a hooters bike that had it all set up well that told me about it. well peace out.

why??  people all over come to cali, just to ride the roads.  Better weather, twisty roads everywhere, tracks everywhere, no trees(so less blind corners), awesome scenes...............P.S. don't make comments generally to everybody.  Take action yourself.  You seen an idoit doing something at the wrong place or time that endangers others.  Walk up to him/her and let them know.  Most idoits out there are trying to impress others, they'll go with the flow......................Most of us don't like to be lectured about the acts of others.
+1

Everything Charles says and we also have TRACK DAYS year-round!!! We get tons of practice!!
biggrin.gif

yeah i am from san diego and yeah its nice.  i had to moved because off to many tickets, drag racing cars.  where do you guys roll?  i have herd that there are places up  north of LA and LA that race corners for money, you know point a to b.  yeah there was a guy with a hooters bike that had it all set up well that told me about it.  well peace out.
Wow Red Star where did you find this 3 year old thread from?

yeah i am from san diego and yeah its nice.  i had to moved because off to many tickets, drag racing cars.  where do you guys roll?  i have herd that there are places up  north of LA and LA that race corners for money, you know point a to b.  yeah there was a guy with a hooters bike that had it all set up well that told me about it.  well peace out.
Gunny its only 2 1/2 years old
laugh.gif
.....most of those people don't even post here any more
sad.gif

laugh.gif
sad.gif
RIP flying swan

sad.gif

sad.gif

those of us here in California are fortunate enough to have tons of good twistie roads all across the state. I feel it is because of this that we Cali riders go a bit faster. Since we ride them so often, we get a good feel for all the various types of twisties out there.

laugh.gif
sad.gif
RIP   flying swan

sad.gif
sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

I live in Florida now and want to know why the riders here are so much faster than the rest of the country...:p

Back