California friends

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
biggrin.gif
Hey Cali friends - Not that this will happen anytime soon, but I am considering moving back to Northern Cal, after 26 yrs of island life I feel the need for longer roads. Without the Smog stuff Can a non Cal busa be registered there? My bike originated in FLA. What about my Chevy truck? do cars coming into the state have to be fitted with smog junk?

Any other moving tips??? Thanx - Kent

You will have to be fitted with smog stuff, unless its 25 years old or older...cause HI doesnt have the same smog laws...when I moved back here I would have had to have my car fitted with it, if I was able to bring it back.

I moved here from VA and my cars and my bike at the time didn't need anything done to them to register here in Cali. Seems that most dealers make there cars to the standards of the strickest state not necessarily the state that it is to be shipped too. So has been my experience. I could be wrong though.

Marc "Howlin Mad" :usa:

The bike doesn't need to pass anything except a vin and engine # check. As long as it was titled and licensed in Hawaii, it will be easy to transfer it to CA. The truck will not be a problem if it has not been modified with anything except a cat-back exhaust system. If you've taken all sorts of smog stuff off, or heavily modified it, sell it now unless it's 30 years old or more. Cars and trucks need only to have all the original smog stuff on them that was required when they were built for the state they were built for (actually there's really only Federal standards-49 states, and California standards, but it's o.k. to register a 49 state car in CA as long as it's over 7,500 miles).
Gar

BIG GAR YOU DA MAN... HEY BRO WHAT S UP WITH THE PICS YOU TOOK ARE YOU GOING TO POST THEM?

thumbs-up.gif
Thanx you guys. BTW Chevy truck is stock 2000 Siverado 4WD. Busa is a 2000 w/ full Yoshimura system & K&N filter and soon to have a PCII or similar.

And Gar whats your location? I have a buddy named Gar in San Jose.

- Kent

Hawaiibusa, Don't do it. How much of a deal would you make a fellow Busa owner on your house? I am thinking of buying some land out that way. All I need is the $$$$$.

biggrin.gif
Hey JWC everything is for sale ... except the busa. well ... maybe for $20K ... nah! House is only 5 yrs old, Toyota Camry is only 4 mos old... hmmm business is 17 yrs old it can all be yours for only $500K - lets do lunch!
wink.gif

$500K.  I can't afford that after all I am just an aircraft mechanic.  Now if everybody would fly somewhere I might get a raise.  But that still wouldn't be enough.   O'Well

smile.gif
Aljanmay - My biz is "Advantage Industries" Commercial bldg Maintenance. We maintain entire medical bldg's and observatories and recently started a seperate carpet cleaning service for high end clients.

Back