Calif to start "smog checking" motorcycles

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
I am begining to hate California ! :cursin:

I came back to Calif my birth place a few years ago... and the scenery, the weather and the roads ... MY GOD, THE ROADS ARE EXQUISIT! One of the major reasons I came back here was to ride and it has been wonderful.

However, everything with regard to the government here ABSOLUTELY SUX! They have over regulated everything, there are fees for everything you used to and should be able to do for free, camping, fishing, boating, bicycling, hunting, the list goes ON & ON! They tax everything and still are so far in the hole I will never see a balanced budget in my life time or that of my kids or their kids... I am certain the founding fathers are rolling in their graves! :soapbox:

Here is 1 more nail in the coffin for us :

California considers requiring motorcycle smog checks - Los Angeles Times

I will probly move if this takes hold ! :banghead:

... no more ridin this bike, in this place? ???

hwy70 May2006 035b.jpg

Last edited:
Just another excuse to go Gen2 ...... :laugh: Hardleys gonna have the most trouble. Man that's a nice looking road

Do you think there may be a coorelation between the fees and why "the scenery, the weather and the roads ... MY GOD, THE ROADS ARE EXQUISIT!" ?

Do you think there may be a coorelation between the fees and why "the scenery, the weather and the roads ... MY GOD, THE ROADS ARE EXQUISIT!" ?

Not so much the road quality as where they go... and many of the great back roads were placed there over 100 years ago. A lot in fact most are in less that perfect shape but at least they are there.

We could go round and round and debate what Calif has spent their budget on and how we got into the current fiscal crisis and I guaranty it wasnt roads and or motorcycles benefits.

Last edited:
Not so much the road quality as where they go... and many of the great back roads were placed there over 100 years ago. A lot are in less that perfect shape but at least they are there.

We could go round and round and debate what Calif has spent their budget on and how we got into the current fiscal crisis and I guaranty it wasnt roads and or motorcycles benefits.

You are probably right. Hey but at least Arnold is wanting to open the debat to Legalize it.

I like Tennessee and North Carolina better, but that is probably because I am from round here...but we do have a lot better quality of life with a lot less taxation and regulation:)

P1060742.jpg

P1060754.jpg

Back