calibrating a yellow box

Busa1166

Donating Member
Registered
http://www.bugmanweb.com/gsxr/gsxrfiles/yellowboxcalibration.pdf

Figured my error was at 33.8 % with the new face plates and bigger rear sprocket. So looked at the numbers an figured, turn them all up an would still be a little short...... right :laugh:

I ended up hitting 220 mph in the parking lot by just turning on the ignition. :laugh:

Top Speed.jpg

After that world record pass in the parking lot :rofl::rofl:

220mph at 1K RPMS :poke: Can you imagine the ramifications if I took it to redline.

I decided to forget the math an use the Force like a Jedi :laugh:

only put the the first 3 up an fortunately on this test drive no sonic boom a lot closer to reality. But still flying by traffic at 55, so I am at 2 an need to find a GPS or radar to check my speed.

Top Speed.jpg

get a speedohealer :laugh:

did you do this part

Sw 1 on = NEG (fixes speedo that reads too SLOW)
Sw 1 off = POS (fixes speedo that reads too FAST)

surely you know someone with a gps. i put mine in my jacket pocket got up to speed and pulled er out, checked at a few diff speeds, none over posted limits :laugh: but got mine accurate that way. i think even radar guns have a 5% err could be wrong

Wow, I have a yellow box and I just went out to a nice piece of road and started from one mile marker up to about 10 and rode back and forth until I got it adjusted per the instructions. It was pretty simple 4 yrs. ago....if all else fails find someplace in town where they have a radar unit set up that tells you how fast your are going. If you are really brave hit the local donut shop and ask one of the LEO's if they would hit you with their radar. If you choose the latter, let us know how that works out for you. :laugh:

Back