Cager intentially ran us off the road

audial

Registered
My fiance, Diane and I were riding out to meet some friends early Tuesday evening on our Motorcycle and we were intentially forced off the road by a white scion truck. I have very little memory for about 4-5 hours of time that day but from what I do remember and what Diane confirms he pulled to the side and slowed to let us pass but then immediately turned into us as we started to. Thats where my memory goes again. From what we can figure out I grabbed the front brake and either did a small stoppie or the front tire washed out because as I tried to lay the bike down to prevent hitting the side of the car Diane was thrown up and from the bike and basically just bounced around pretty violently before landing off the road. She's beat up with lots of bruises and pulled muscles but no other injuries.

I on the the other hand wasn't able to get off the bike in time without getting slammed to the pavement under it. Luckily it bounced back up and off of me. Unfortunately when it took me down it slammed my head into the pavement and caused a nice concussion. They said that I never lost conciousness because Diane said I immediately jumped up and ran over to her. After making sure she was ok the guy in the Scion turned around and when I ran up to him and he just took off. We had a driver chase it down and get the tag. Diane said at that point I came over and sat down beside her and my face went pale white and then I just stared at her and asked "what just happened?". I however have no memory of any thing more about the accident or anything else since leaving work Tuesday except for the car comign at us and about 10 seconds during the Ambulance ride and next memory was about 2 hours after arrriving at the hospital. The doctors say that hours of short term memory loss is common with head injuries. I think a lot of it was caused by shock as well.

They did multiple ct-scans on me and Diane but didn't find any actual brain damage (Diane would say I already had that...lol) and no internal injuries. Just a concussion and muscle trauma in my leg for me and we both have strained muscles in our necks and backs. Diane was released at about 1am yesterday morning but stayed with me and I was kept under observation overnight and released. We're both on serious pain and muscle meds.

We always ride with full gear (helmet, gloves, jackets, leather pants, etc) and that not only saved our skin and meat but also our lives. Her helmet is beat up pretty bad and mine is almost destroyed on the side my head hit the road. The left shoulder of my jacket is gone and most of the armor inside but the road never touched my skin. My leathers are ground down with cuts and holes and let a little pavement get to my leg when it was caught underneath.

Got the bike this afternoon. Pretty ****** up, the frame slider served its purpose well and definitely think it helped keep the bike off of my leg as much until I got out from under it, so far i've noticed it got the left front of the nose fairing and turn signal, entire left fairing, Lower left fork ground down at axle, front fender, frame slider ground down about 1 1/2" and completely bent back, rear body cowling, engine stator cover shredded, left mirror, clutch lever, left handle bar riser, small dent in tank. Haven't put it up yet to check the wheels to see if they are warped. It makes me sick to look at it. Entire bike's covered with oil from the stator cover shredding. Both tires oil soaked. I hope the tip sensor shut it down before it lost all the oil and oil pressure. Insurance will look at it tomorrow.

Went by the accident site today hoping to bring back some more memory. Frame slider dug a trench in the road several hundred feet long about 2" deep in places. I can only imagine how my leg would look if the slider hadn't stayed intact.

At the point where the whole thing started there's about a 6' long rubber strip from the front tire, that's where Diane was thrown off and she finally came to a stop off the road about 120 ft from there. There's about 20-30 ft of nothing where I can only assume I was still trying to keep the bike up and recover and then you can see where the frame slider hit and it dug hard into the pavement. Not sure where I finally got loose from the bike but I was about 80 ft from Diane and the bike was another 50-60 ft from me but still in the road where the engine spilled the remaining oil. The oil trail actually started back where the frame slider first made contact. I really wish I could remember everything after the car turned into our path because I'm sure it was one hell of a ride. Something tells me I might not want to remember it though because it might scare the hell out of me and I'd be really messed up then and may not ever be able to get back on a bike.

I'm hearing way too much about these f#cking cagers screwing around lately here in our town and we need to do something. I'm thinking we have some kind of event to raise awareness to the public and get the television, radio stations and even the cops involved to make sure everyone knows if they f#ck with us and they get caught they're going to pay.

I'm seriously considering putting a camcorder onboard full time and the next time some mf does something stupid, intentional or not they get thrown under the jail.

Bike can be repaired, Gear can be replaced, We walked away with the most important thing that can never be replaced... each other.

wow.gif
insane to say the least.I personally would have dragged that person out of their car and given some serious bodily injury if i was capable of doing that at that point in time.

whoa! sorry to hear, Thank god you both are alive and well, The bike can be replaced... but next time that cager better watch out because I think you might be throwing a few punches to the head for your troubles
argue.gif
then Lighting up his car and let him burn
firedevil.gif
hrrrm thats a bit evil, but throw in some punches for me too!

hope you all get better real soon!
beerchug.gif

Thank God you guys were wearing your gear, Bikes can be replaced, you on the other hand can't. Another testimonial as to why you should wear your gear.

Wow, glad your both alive and OK. Always wondered if some thrall would pull that crap on me while passing.
Did the chase driver get the cager/tags, etc?

(mymaster @ Dec. 08 2006,00:42) Did the chase driver get the cager/tags, etc?
I was wondering this as well. If so, I'd press charges for attempted murder/manslaughter.

If someone did that to me and I had the opportunity to confront them at the time I think I would have a hard time letting them walk away from that without some permanent dammage... I can't imagine any level of self control at that point, once someone tried to intentionally harm me and my loved one.

thank God all of you are allright. it is uncalled for what this morons behind the wheel are doing. i hope you get him and he ends up in jail for what i call premediated murder.

Sorry to hear this happened to the two of you. I hope you're going to be okay. REALLY glad to hear you had all your gear on.

If they track down this criminal, I hope he goes up for attempted murder. Assault with a deadly weapon, too.

Thanks for letting us know.

--Wag--

Glad you both are OK...

If the cops don't get him, Karma will.

Everyone be aware out there... ride like they are all out to kill you.

I am glad you guys are ok. It is insane the number of times I have seen people try and cut me off. Here in Cali you can split lanes. It is amazing how many people that upsets when you are moving through traffic and they aren't.

Keep us updated if you hear anything on the cager. We want blood.

Glad you are ok, definately let us know what happens with this idot... He deserves twice as much as they give him.

What kind of sliders were you running? Sounds they worked well enough...

People don't see you as human when you're on a bike.
I bet he's just now realizing that it was attempted murder.
Rest up.

Dayum. I hate to hear that, glad you a both ok. Hopefully they catch the person with the tag number and fry his a$$
guns.gif

Just curious on the slider. Did it bend the motor mount where the slider was bent back or jus the slider?

that sucks, the worst thing is the memory loss, that will bug you for a long time, I know from experiance. Glad you are both ok.

The same thing happend to big show, pops roos and I this summer. I posted a thread about it, we didnt crash, but we did chase him around town for about 40 minites. We just went to court a few weeks ago. An independent wittness showed up that saw him try to hit us, plus big show and I were there. He plead guilty to DUI and reckless endangerment.

Glad to see you are both okay...wow! If that happened to me w/ the wife on back I would make it my personal Jihad to find that guy.

Whenever possible, safely accelerate away from cagers running by your side or on your ass in traffic. Had a guy in a new Toyota truck tailing me and a fellow rider a few weeks ago...not that we were going slow he just wanted to see how well his truck performed and likely just liked watching us ride.

After realizing this guy would likely take his truck to the limits while on our @ss, we turned onto a rural side road...also didn't want to go 100+ because I thought it possibly could have been an off duty LEO calling us in to a fellow LEO.

Would be curious to find out about the brand of frame sliders as well...I got Vortex w/ the plastic pucks on order. Did you have the metal pucks?

Wow...   That truly sucks man...  I am super happy you and the lady are ok though.  

Sooner or later the driver of that truck is gonna get whats coming to him/her.  

People always pay for the bad things they do...  sooner or later somewhere and somehow they will pay....

Damn all those cagers who do crap like this.

cager->
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Back