"Cage bashing"

chowda633

Registered
This should be good...

Talking to a friend of mine the other day who has been riding 6 plus years mostly in the Boston area was talking about what he does when a cage cuts him off or nearly kills him.

He rides up next to them and smashes one of there mirrors off with his fist then rides off into the sunset.

His philosophy "They don't give a dam about me and don't use there mirrors, why should I?" Calls it the 100 dollar lesson. Or how ever much it is for a new mirror.

He is not a busa rider lol. Kawi guy.

Thoughts on these actions? He says he knows a lot of riders who do it. First time hearing that one for me.

if someone did that to me, id follow them, call the police, and file a complaint.

people do drive like ****, but bikers are just as bad. the bad 5% will ruin it for the good 95%.

thats exactly what your buddy is doing. see what that person does to the next biker theyre driving next to after replacing a $900 heated glass, electric, led turn signal mirror.

i'd say a simple one finger salute would suffice. and if they want to get physical, youre probably wearing gear LOL

Oh the drama :whistle: I wouldn't fug with a cage if I was rolling on a bike. Just my thoughts on the matter. Ride as though you're invisible :laugh:

If you're close enough to hit a mirror, you're waaaaaay too close to the car. If the driver has already done something stupid to put you in a dangerous situation, why are you going to give them a chance to do it again, only this time with you too close to react and save yer butt?

We are all humans here... we all make mistakes... I can think of many nistances where I myslef almost caved in on a car or bike I simply missed in my mirror... As dadofthree said: ride as though you are invisible...!

With how some bikers ride, you don't get a chance to see them. They will be a 1/4 mile back, get the urge, and next thing you know they are on your ass or passing you. As for your buddy, if he did that to me....he'd find himself in opposing lanes of traffic and in a hurry. He is an outright fool. If he thinks that will make it any better, he's only fooling himself as know there are cagers who have had their mirrors broken by a sportbike rider, and may purposefully try to make bad things happen to them...and call it the 'your an ******* lesson'. That's just my perspective on the situation anyways...

yeaaa, when a driver cuts me off (happens all the time here for some reason)... i usually just pull up next to them and wave at them like im in a GREAT mood... or give the "you should be watching" sign...

and if your buddy ever smashed on my car.. yeaaa, ill pull him off his bike at a stop light and beat up on his liver :p

I've heard of guys doing that...I'll be honest, it doesn't bother me, but for me, I wouldn't do it. I'd assume that cager would follow me, run me over, call the police...I think there are a lot of cagers that deserve a wake up call, but when you're out riding on two, you're definitely at a disadvantage if you tick off the wrong cager...

Just my :2cents:

I don't see how I would safely pull up beside a vehicle and knock off one of their mirrors without killing myself in the process. I guess I just don't have that type of coordination.

If some biker did this to me while I was in my truck I would definitely be calling the cops and chasing him down. For his sake I would hope the cops caught him before I did.

And how is this rider certain that the cutoff was intentional? What if it was a mistake or caused by an issue elsewhere in the scenario of which the rider wasn't aware? As a cager, if I lost a mirror that way I would prosecute to the fullest extent of the law and the next time I saw a bike I'd be prepared for an accident.

Yes, bikes are faster than cars, but some folks wouldn't contain their retaliation within the law or just to that particular rider/bike. That sort of behavior gets us nowhere as a group. Talk to them, explain what happened and inquire as to what they were doing/thinking. Often you'll get a sincere apology. The others weren't gonna learn anyhow and are probably the type to re-retaliate by driving the next bike off the road. Think getting cut off is bad? Wait till all the cagers are pissed at us specifically and "accidentally" force us off the road with intent.

I don't see how I would safely pull up beside a vehicle and knock off one of their mirrors without killing myself in the process. I guess I just don't have that type of coordination.

If some biker did this to me while I was in my truck I would definitely be calling the cops and chasing him down. For his sake I would hope the cops caught him before I did.

I'm guessing the rider does this crap when the car is stopped at a light or some similar situation. If he's doing it at speed, he's a bigger hazard than the car he's after.

yeaaa, when a driver cuts me off (happens all the time here for some reason)... i usually just pull up next to them and wave at them like im in a GREAT mood... or give the "you should be watching" sign...

and if your buddy ever smashed on my car.. yeaaa, ill pull him off his bike at a stop light and beat up on his liver :p

we have already established you are a big mf-er dude. I wouldnt mess with you. LOL

peanut butter? :rofl: :moon:

oh no... not penutbutter... i had a bad experience in college with peanutbutter. and before you crazys come up with some whacky thoughts...it had to do with a 5th of jack daniels (first and last time drinking it) going back to dorm to sleep it off and wakeing up to the room smelling like peanut butter and a garbage can beside the bed.... apparantly i woke up for a snack (empty peanutbutter jar) and it didnt agree with me...and thats my story....and im sticking too it...ask the wife i wont touch jack and rarely peanutbutter

I am against it. Mostly because I dont want to get shot. LOL. I hear a hand full of pennies may work at high speeds though...:whistle::whistle:

Actually heard that from a cop!

Back