Cable TV help?

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
is there an inline signal booster that works? (think that is what I need)

I have like 10 TV's connected to the cable leg and they are getting some snow in the analog channels.. Sorry I have no way to measure signal strength at the TV's.. but if a booster is cheap enough, I will just plug one in and see if it works.. thx..

all the time... :rofl: (I actually have 14 TV's on this line)

I use to work in a TV station, we used "Video distribution amplifiers", we actually built our own, from a circuit a EE student designed. Been so long now dont recall much more than that, sorry, all that pron destroys the memory:rofl:

I work for a cable company and I actually was in a meeting where we discussed this exact problem. You need to get an Amplifier on your line. Any more than 4 active outlets, and the signal starts to weaken throughout.

14 TV's...I don't wanna hear any more crying about lack of funds :poke:

you can boost the signal also you can use taps instead of splitters they help, i have done 1000's of runs in schools all around Indiana....A tap looks like a splitter but has a pass through, and each tap only bleeds off 3db of loss
good stuff to use is (blonder tongue)(drake)(channel plus)

Last edited:
14 TVs, Bogus, you must be some kind of undercover agent. OH NO , Maybe a spy, Naww, You just watch all the channels at one time. SMART.:laugh:

Radio Shack, Walmart, Lowes...they all carry them. You need to put in on where the line comes into the house - they also need a 110v to plug into.

spy? naww... voyeur... :rofl: Imagine a room with 10 smaller rooms all with recliners, tables, drinks and TV's... you have a button to push and someone will come in and take drink orders etc... sort of what I got going here... :whistle:

But I got to get this signal boosted a bit... I will check the walmart down the street..

all the time... :rofl: (I actually have 14 TV's on this line)

14? 14?!! What, do you work for NORAD or something?

I don’t even get that many stations.

If I had 1 TV for every major station I receive I would only have 5 TV’s
And when the digital kicks in that No. may go down.
I already lost channels 5 and 13 with the new analog to digital box.

Even getting 5 networks I usually find myself watching PBS stations.
Low tech guy here.
Bubba

here some crappy cell phone video...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back