c31 gear position sensor

miljnor

Registered
Hi everyone.

GO busa!

anyway, I just bought a used 2006 busa and it has the F1 light on. Code C31 which is gear position sensor.

First, can any aftermarket parts make this code come up, then if not where is this sensor located.

I have already ordered one to be safe.

thanks
M.

thanks!

It's a great bike so far and look forward to many years of good fun!

hopefully a new GPS will fix my problem since no one has answered!

Most likely, you have oil from the chain in the connections, shorting out your gear position sensor. Just remove the sprocket cover and clean all of your connections. Sould solve your problem. By the way, sever cases of oil contamination in the connections in that area have been known to cause your entire intrument cluster to stop working.

Thats handy to know....so the connector is in that area...I can see the switch but havn't removed anything yet....was waiting for the replacement part to show up before tearing it down.

thanks, I will def. try that first!

Mike

Not sure if this will help. Welcome to the oRg. :welcome:

c31.jpg

Thats handy to know....so the connector is in that area...I can see the switch but havn't removed anything yet....was waiting for the replacement part to show up before tearing it down.

thanks, I will def. try that first!

Mike

Actually, sorry my bad. In my mind I was thinking speed sensor, not GPS. Sorry for the confusion. The GPS is on the other side of the engine.

Well it ended up being a connection issue! although not like you would think.

turns out the connector is where you thought it was, right were the chain can sling oil on it and get dirty. BUT, the problem was someone had pulled the pins out of one connector either intentionally or accidentally and when re-inserting them, they got the black and white wire crossed with the reddish wire. I switched em back and rechecked them as per instructions above and it's all good now.

thanks guys for all your help!

it's nice to have that damn FI light off and have my clock back!

happy trailes!

Back