C22 Error?!?!

OB_GSXRboy

Registered
This weekend I started to get an error C22 and I had no idea what it was. When I just got home I looked it up and it says atmosphere sensor or some crap. Anyone have any insight into this by chance???

Also my Powercommander started to freak out last week and this weekend. I ordered a brand new one overnight for Friday and it did the same thing. When you get to about 4k - 4.5k RPMs the tach goes crazy and the bike will backfire a few times. It will also throw up the error that the coild are not firing. Same error I get when I use my air shifter but it happens just by reving the bike a little. Just to see if it would help I disconected the air shifter and it did the same thing....

From the service Manuel: C22 error;

Atmospheric pressure sensor Malfunction: The sensor voltage should be the following (0.5v<=sensor voltage<4.85V), without the above range,c22 is indicated

Atmospheric pressure sensor low/high input: Atmospheric pressure is lower or higher than specification, AP sensor, wiring/coupler connection.
Good Luck

Try taking the pc2 out of line see what it does, then put it back. Maybe corrosion in 1 of the ECM/pc2 plugs.

If I take the PCII out of line the bike runs great, just real real real lean! When I plug in the PCII all hell breaks loose.

Could a low battery cause this like on the Schnitz box? I know if the Schnitz box doesn't have 12 volts it freaks or doesn't let the bike start.

GSXRboy, I noticed while working with My new autoshifter mod that it was easy to get resistants running back through a ground. The way I first noticed this is I saw that the light on My pw2 was slightly lit when the power was off to the pw2. I don't have anything hooked to the pw2 but that was the case.

You can check for resistance in your grounds by hooking your test light to a ground(your battery) and then probbing any ground(s). If you have resistance running through that ground your test light will light up.

Try checking the grounds to some of these for starters... MPS kill box, airshifter switching valve, the brown wires running from your MPS box to the negative side of coils.

If any of those grounds light up you may have to put a diode in so the current will only run in one direction.

This sounds a lot like my problems...are you going on the rev limiter early? I think there is a problem at the crank shaft sensor...I`m waiting on some return calls now....hope to finally one day fix this thing once and for all......

This sounds a lot like my problems...are you going on the rev limiter early? I think there is a problem at the crank shaft sensor...I`m waiting on some return calls now....hope to finally one day fix this thing once and for all......
Was wondering if you ever found out what the problem was I have a 2015 Busa doing same thing?

Was wondering if you ever found out what the problem was I have a 2015 Busa doing same thing?
There must be some sort of award given to responding to a 21 yr old thread....

That being said, someone who knows will be along shortly.....the good thing about having a bike as old as a Hayabusa, just about every issue has been experienced.

Back