C21 FI code

my68camaro

Registered
Alright everyone little help please i have a 04 busa i am taking out of winter storage my FI light is on and when i jump to get the codes i get c21 Air Intake Temp sensor malfunction called dealership they said it wasnt really a problem ...Q is has anyone else had this prob and if so what did they find thanks Vincent

is the sensor plugged in?
Far left side, facing downward,just underneath the airbox...green in color.

unplug and then plug it back in...perhaps it cames loose.

yep. check the connection and wiring for any signs of trouble.. and replace the sensor if it is indeed bad enough to trip a code and don't listen to that clueless dealer... air intake temp sensor is indeed necessary and a busa doesn't set F.I. code lights as part of its normal day

Dealership said it wasn't a problem ?? Hope he's not your Mech!!

See it this helps...

c21.jpg

Well i try not to use the dealership if i can help it thats why i came to the people who really know what the hell they are talking about thank you everyone for your input i should be getting the bike back from getting tires installed today i will check into it. I think I know whats wrong I might have knuckleheaded it myself i took the aircleaner off to change plugs i might have forgot to plug it back in before i fired it and then in frustration just put it all back together so i will check it this afternoon thanks everyone Vincent

I realize that this post is almost 3 years old but I have to give THANKS to members of this post. :bowdown:
The "imadumbass" problem bit me. I left the Air Intake Temp sensor unplugged after winterizing my 09. Took it out of storage today, started it, FI light and C21 error.

Thanks again for posting the above info.
Corey

Back