C\'MON GET HONEST

G

You guys all give a dumbass story on the 'stupid things we've done' thread, I want to laugh! Swallow the pride guys. :)

Kurt

Okay, I'll bite...

Leaving the house on my then fairly new '87 Yamaha FZR750, I was backing out of the driveway with my honey watching. Put my feet up on the pegs to take off and gave a little wave with the left hand....only to realize that I was in neutral. No biggie right?

Turns out the loop of my shoelace caught on the peg feeler and I couldn't recover at all. Went over like Monty Python on the bicycle!! It even pinned me to the ground!!

Talk about embarassing!! Luckily I had two room mates that also were avid riders and new the sound of a bike falling over...they ran out the door past my honey and had the bike up and off of me before I even realized what had happened.

10 years ago, and I still can't live that one down between us!! :^)

I tuck my laces in my boots before I ride cause the same thing almost happened to me on my ZX6R. Pulled up to the light, went to put my foot down, lace caught on the peg....WHHOOOOAAAHHH! It figures that I go to lean to the side that my lace is caught on huh?

Luckily I was on a light bike and the car to my left was real close, I caught myself on her front fender. Good thing I didnt have my Teknics gloves on, with the metal studs, woulda owed her some repair work to her paint.

Many years ago, on ZX10, getting ready to ride away after coffee stop, an old guy starts talking to me about some old bike he used to have. Up the street some young guys are gathering around a small, tuned up ford.

Put my helmet on, fire the bike up, and move off. Give it a hand full of revs to make it look good for the car guys, CRASH! lock and chain still round front wheel!! - the old guy distracted me from taking it off!

Bike falls to the ground, front mudguard (fender?) smashed to pieces...........

Didn't dare look up at the car guys!!

normal sunday,thousand things to do before i go riding,one of them was changing the oil on 90 gsxr1100.after rushing like a maniac,finally fired her up.off i went,about 10 miles to the parkway,i pull up the entrace ramp,good no traffic, dead stop i grab a handful of throttle dump the clutch big wheel spin here comes the front tire bang 2nd wfo bang 3rd front settles down,bang 4th the rear tire breaks loose,im flattracking! i back off the throttle,jump back on it,same thing i breaking traction violently at 120plus.this bike was fast but lets get real! i shut it down coasted to the shoulder to see what was up. i didnt remember armor alling the back half of my bike,but because i was in such a rush to go riding i never tightened my oil plug! there is a god.

Was invited to a friends house to go for a ride on his old Honda Shadow. Had just sold my ZX10 and was waiting on delivery of my new Busa so I had the fever to ride. My friend had just changed the oil and Left the rubber seal from old oil filter on and put new filter on top(by accident I dont know).We began riding I changed to second with some good rev's going and the back end broke loose, I thought it was because the bike had alot of torque. My friend was waving trying to get me to pull over and I was getting excited about third gear. I was thinking man this bike has got some balls. Finally I pull over and notice the setup or as my friend put it mistake.

How ironic i came up on this topic after what happened to me tonight. Coming home tonight i was in a bit of a hurry. Went through two yellow lights and was coming up on another turning yellow. I was going to turn left and thought about just adding more thrust but, "Riders instinct" (that feeling you get that somethings about to go wrong, kinda like when a Highlander senses another one of his kind around) kicked in and i decided to keep it slow. Good thing i did. As i'm about to turn a damn Cop pulls up outta no where. I get on the brakes,lock up the rear tire, fishtail like crazy over a bump and almost dump the bike. If i woulda went through at the speed and angle i wanted to he woulda broadsided me easily. Anyways i scoot the bike back and as he roars through the intersection (the light was still red for him too and mine was in yellow by the way)he looks at me like i don't belong on the road when HE'S the one speeding through with no flashers or siren on at all. He went through the intersection then immeadiatly slowed down and kicked on his spotlight at the houses across the street (they were huntin for someone on foot). Well with me being pissed and hot headed and with plenty of witnesses in cars around me i yelled at the top of my lungs TRY KILLING SOMEONE NEXT TIME YOU F%*&ING JACKA$$!!!! He slammed on the brakes and i was mad enough to floor it and dust him just to piss him off if he turned around. Another one of his friends then came zooming through the intersection with his lights on and they both went down the street. I Cruised back home realizing that one: i coulda been killed just because i was in a hurry to beat the light, And two i coulda got myself in serious trouble in more ways then one because of my temper. The good lord was with me tonight indeed.

speed

Out for a Sunday morning breakfast run one January, after about 2 weeks of no riding because of rain, I wasn't really paying attention, loafing along a newly completed freeway looking for my exit to Oakland, CA. The new freeway overshoots the exit that I used on the old freeway. As I watch the exit pass behind me, I'm kinda irritated, so of course, I light off for the next exit. My head is still up in the clouds at this point. I'm daydreaming, I've only got one hand on the bars, I've just exceeded 100 mph and I'm still accelerating, when all of a sudden, I notice that I'm about to blow by a CHP in a Mustang. This sight snapped me back to my senses, but my reaction was all wrong. I grabbed the left bar too quickly, jarring the steering. At the same time, I was braking too hard. The tire locked up and I flopped over on my left side in a split second. I slid down the freeway, passing the CHP as I'm sliding along on my stomach. Then I start to tumble, over and over. Then more sliding, this time on my a**. The bike shoots off into the distance. It slid over 800 feet then smashed into a barrier. I ended up with a broken heel, abrasions, wrecked bike, and no breakfast. The worst part was having to listen to the CHPs snicker and give me a ticket as I'm bleeding all over the highway.

Back