C mode.....love it and hate it.

fast08busa

Professional Pilot kinda sorta
Registered
So i commute about 25 miles to work everyday and i love it. Normally i just cruise in c mode for the gas mileage. Today im rolling down the highway when this guy on a GSXR grand pulls up next to me. I see this guy about twice a week and we always wave to each other and go about our way. Well today he pulls up next to me and revs up his bike. I don't normally approve of street racing but today i decided to play, down shifted to 4th and took off. This guy completely walks away from me and in my helmet im yelling:wtf:. Then i look down and realize i still had it in C mode......love it and hate it.

Last edited:
Serves you right, now you realize no good can come from de-tuning the perfect motorcycle.:laugh: And are you sure it gets better gas mileage in C?

Im getting on average about 4-5 miles more per gallon on c-mode, not much but it does help. Trust me, c-mode will no longer be in use on my bike:laugh:

Got my but handed to me on the bking in b mode one time, buddy on 600 comes up on me, he revs it and goes I nail it and stay with him until I hit the limiter, it's around 110-115 in b mode with the gears I had, he then wals me hard,bad thing was you can't shift out of modes on the fly on the bking, you have to stop,

At least on the busa you can switch it on the fly..

So...tomorrow...he'll be wondering "what the heck happened?" when you eat his lunch :)

I used C mode when it has been raining... When we were in Olympia Washington with TufBusa and Scootergirl we got rained on for a few hours while going up Mt Rainer, I think gives you less chance of overpowering out the corners on a slick road....

the only time i use the different modes is if the road happens to be wet or driving on brick Otherwise its a useless feature. I dont see how it would help with MPG. The one time i decided to go the speed limit on a 200mi trip i got 54MPG. otherwise i set the cruise for 99MPH so she dont get impounded and i still get 45-50. Nothin to gripe about there

Back