"c-25" F1 Code Troubles..any Advise Would Be Awesome.

Max

Registered
Well the Suzuki manual code indicates: error C-25 = "Ignition cylinder #2- coil/wire connection/ or battery supply problem?" The bike revs to 8k rpm under load then power fades and gets an "F1 light-C-25 code". I replaced battery cables..battery..#2 coil..rectifier.. checked every wire, connector. Removed cable kill switch and still wont run right. I also noticed its popping under hard deceleration now..like lack of fuel? Will check the fuel filter in the a.m. I did a leak down and the motor has around 2% on all 4 so Im hoping the motor is okay.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks guys.

I should add ..Today the code changed from C-25 to 'C-25+C-26'..then changed from C-25 to only C-26 now later in the day. Im scratchin my head on this one.

Last edited:
Swap the coil and see if the code changes to the cylinder that you put it.
If it does it's a bad coil, if not then start testing the wires between the ECU and the coil

I had those same symptoms on my bike, chased the problem for ages, it ended up being a faulty crank shaft position sensor (ckps).
I even changed my cylinder head.
Check out my posts, they might help.

Thank you David Offer, GixerHP and Driver1976! I did swap out the #2 coil and another ckps (still F1:c-26 error) but will check ckps with voltage tester(manual says sb 3v's I think) and for correct ohm's today.

Manual states, "test magneto/stator by disconnecting 3 wire plug and rev to 5k rpms checking the voltage on all 3 wires combo's from magneto,sb 65v's?..FAILED: I got 0 volts on any of the 3 wire combos but when plugged back in the idle goes down(as though it begins working) and voltage charge at the battery goes up to 14.1v-14.5v so its seems to be charging.

Ill check out your link David!thnks again guys.

The ckps is different to the stator winding readouts, you can have bad charging (stator) but still running fine, ckps can have leaking voltage, which gives a bad/inaccurate signal to the ecu, this is what I was told by a Suzuki mechanic, I'm not saying that it's your problem but if you can swap out yours with a known good unit, it at least eliminates an un known.

Thanks for the info David. The stator is not putting out 65v's when un-plugged( I get 1-2 volts) and the ckps could be damaged and leakin voltage. I will find a good replacement and get back..great link btw..seems this could be the issue. Get back soon.

I was able to source a new pattern part in the uk (where I am) for £84, knowegeble people that I spoke to said that the ckps wouldn't cause the problem but I finally spoke to someone that said, it was totally possible and he'd had them fail a few times before, giving these symptoms, it is such an obscure situation, you think, they either work or they don't but the ckps on modern bikes work differently from conventional car ones.
Good luck, I hope you find the solution.

Back