Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz arghhhhhh

CrashBomb

Registered
Anyone else notice a buzzing/vibrating sound coming from the stock windshield? I hear it mostly when coasting/decelerating (which, so far, at least on THIS bike, hasn't been happening much).
I know it's coming from the windshield because all it takes is a finger's worth of pressure almost anywhere on the surface of the shield itself to stop the bzzzzzz but as soon as you take a little tension back off the shield it starts up again.

I ask mostly for sporting purposes since a new windshield is on the way as we speak. I was just curious if it was a common occurrence.

Mine did this after removing it one day and resintalling it...slight buzzin that is...

Replaced stocker one with a SportTech VFLOW chrome non see thru and were all gravy now!!!
cool.gif

Remove the screen with the two screws on the sides of the upper fairing near the mirrors. Place electrical tape on the bottom flange as well as the side near the edge. reinstall... no more buzzzzzz

Thanks people. I figured something along those lines would solve it. I just wondered if anyone else had run into it and I figured someone around here would have at least heard of it.

buzzing stock windscreen is very common... like MC said... just take the screen off and where the screen fits into the nose just put a couple of layers of electrical tape to close up the gap inbetween the screen and nose... buzzing will stop!

It might be your keys vibrating... I actually noticed this!! LOL!!! So make sure they are not clanging down and making noise!!!!

Hey... mine were!!!

Happy riding, fella!

My DB windscreen buzzed.. I tried the black tape, but had to go with that foam stuff you put around doors for covering gaps.. (i'm bad with finding the right words every once in a while
tounge.gif
)

But.. anywho... no more buzz.
smile.gif

Remove the screen and put some clear silicone sealant that you use for bathrooms etc, into where the screen seats. Replace screen and leave to dry for a couple of hours. No more buzzing.

just remove the screen, period...no more buzz and all the free protein you can handle (bugs)
tounge.gif
...j/k +1 on what everyone already said

Back