Bye bye Gasoline....

To bad you couldn't figure out how to make the turning wheels hook to a system to replenish the compressed air! Now that would be quite the set-up...
I was thinking the same thing. Somehow use the braking forces to compress more air for fuel
rock.gif

To bad you couldn't figure out how to make the turning wheels hook to a system to replenish the compressed air! Now that would be quite the set-up...
how about a solar panel on the roof powering a built in air compressor?  That wouldn't be too heavy.
Now thats an idea as well.... Can't believe this technology isn't being explored here in the States!
I would think there is no incentive. I bet the profit margin on this is low. The Big 3 are used to making a grand or two on a car.

And it would kill sales of their cars.

Of course, adding in all the safety features would add weight which would reduce it's efficiency.

I still think the American automakers haven't got past Henry Ford's attitude of "any color you want, as long as it's black".

Too many politicians are being bought by big oil. They would kill any attempt to infringe on big oil's profits. Why is it that gas is at records highs - and so is the profits of the big oil companies?

how about a solar panel on the roof powering a built in air compressor? That wouldn't be too heavy.
Now thats an idea as well.... Can't believe this technology isn't being explored here in the States!
Perpetual motion.

Man has been searching for that since the wheel.

We'll find it right about the same time as we find cold fusion
lol1.gif

why do efficient cars have to look so funny. Cant they fit some tanks in the back of a vette
beerchug.gif

how about a solar panel on the roof powering a built in air compressor?  That wouldn't be too heavy.
Perpetual motion.

Man has been searching for that since the wheel.

We'll find it right about the same time as we find cold fusion  
lol1.gif
About six months ago a 15 or 16 year old boy in a small country near Turkey had devloped such a creature. It was very slow and about 90% efficent. Goverment officials snatched it up and was sent to engineers in Germany for further review. No follow up reports have been issued. MDI has been around that I know of since the late 90's. One of the problems they faced was storage of the compressed air- the solution was our favorite material, Carbon fiber which will crack on impact making a controled release rather than a steel tank that becomes a missle. I've been following this topic for about seven years now. There is also a company in Austrailia that makes a conversion kit for scooters, small outboards, and several other applications including their companys forklift. The solution to salvaging & reusing the spent air is closer than might think. Just imagine how this will change the entire earths economy when anything that uses a motor or engine to do just about everything is powered by air-transportation,energy production, anything that uses electric or fossil fuels will become almost free except for the cost of the conversion to air power. Nearly every physics forum you go to has a section devoted to this subject. Great post Sonny! BTW, does anyone know the formula to determine the maximum CFM for a supercharger or a turbo of any given size? Yes, really.

does your speed and distance change with temperate and air pressure changes??
biggrin.gif

Man... The possibilities this thing opens! Never even thought about all the obstacles they had to over come just to get to point a...

Back