****** BY DELL,

Ken02busa

Donating Member
Registered
Heres the story, I found someone with a NIB laptop for sale, got all the pertinet info, and called DELL, to see if warranty could be transferred to me. I gave them the Express code, serial number, they ran everything, said all was fine.

I bought the Laptop, with this nice reassuring info from DELL, and transferred all to my name. They even offered me extended warranty, which I declined on their advice, run with the year of warranty that came with it.

A couple months later, the bt keyboard died, they sent me a new one, no troubles. I even bought the 2nd hard drive cradle, still no problems. (documented warranty claim)

Here is where the sh1t starts.
2 weeks ago, the motherboard chits itself. I swapped out the memory, the hard drives, everything I could that the 'English as a 5th language' techs told me to try, and IT'S DEAD! They never listen. I spent 20+ hours on the phone with a dozen different jackazzes, and no joy. When I finally got an English tech, I got the news. My account is on hold, with a 'seize upon return' order from DELL. The guy I bought it from never made a single payment, and had I returned it for warranty, they would have made me pay another $4800.00 to get it back, on top of what I paid Don. How is that for a kick in the junk???

I talked to my lawyer, he said I went through all the right channels, asking DELL about transferrence before purchase, immediately transferring the account to my name upon receipt, everything.

Looks like I am going to war. I have everything documented, and I told DELL if they send me another NEW IN BOX M2010, all will be fine. Ya right. Even if they fix it, GREAT!

I am giving Dell one chance to make things right, then my Lawyer will get involved. He sent me a copy of the very nasty letter he is sending to DELL, it would make me sit up and take notice.

Lots would say it is crazy to go this far, but dammit I did everything right. I need my info, have no other computers with SATA hard drives, and can not find a EIDE/SATE adaptor, or a SATA external hdd enclosure. Basically, Im fuxored.

Anything like this happen to you?

if you need the data back asap.... any compUSA or similar store will have an external hdd enclosure to hook up via usb.
the size of the enclosure doesn't matter as the SATA and power connections are the same on drives.

similar to this... link

I have few external hdd's, none SATA compatible, and nothing local. The closest would be at least a week away, as I am gone from Monday to Friday every week.

I am in Calgary this week, will get one if I can find one there, but would like Dell to burn, and would like my damned computer fixed. I hate getting fuxored.

Sorry to hear that you got taken by the guy you
bought the computer from. But it sounds to me like
your beef should be with him. Dell just wants to be
paid for their product. They are not aware of what
kind of deal was made between you two on the sale of the
computer. For all they know you were to take over payments.

I hope all of this works out for you as it sounde like
you are the innocent party in this mess.... And if I were
you I would give (Don) a kick in his junk for selling you stolen property.......

The only thing that might save you is them OKing the transfer, but at that time the guy may not have been deliquent. It sounds like you got scammed. The azzhat is probably "buying" stuff with stollen IDs and reselling quick on ebay before the account shows deliquent. For the buyer, its the same as buying stollen goods. Hope this works out OK for you.

Back