Buying Y2k busa in California...help

OB_busagringo

Registered
Hi all. I'm buying a Y2K busa very, very soon (probably next week). Does anyone here know where in California I can get the best deal on a blue/silver one? I live in San Diego, by the way.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hey Busagringo, I'm in La Mesa. We also have C. Dolan and Phantom in the neighborhood, and the whole LABusas crowd up in LA. I think C. Dolan speaks highly of SD House of Motorcycles...I have seen two Blue & silver ones there so far, so they can get them and sell them.

Check out www.LABusas.org. Maybe when you have the wheels you will want to make a run up to the Stir Crazy coffee shop in Hollywood, Saturday afternoon meeting place of the LABusas. Good luck getting the new machine...if we can help let us know. You will love this bike! :)

If you can't get it for $11,103.99 out the door or cheaper you're getting ripped off.That is what we are paying in Northern California area,some riders are getting it for $10,900 out the door.That is the price if you are paying cash.

Busagringo, try Alba in Poway. Ask for Dave Emde, he's a former 250cc National Champ, and comes from a racing family. Helluva nice guy.
I got a great deal on mine when they were hard to find(last June). Tell him Don Irvine sent you. Don't know for sure what they will ask, but it's worth a try.
I was able to get a "no restrictions and no hassles" ride before committing, also,and that's rare.

It might be worth your while to check south bay motorsports in chula vista. They didn't give me the best price out the door but they gave me a kick *** price on my trade in. Remember its the total deal, not just one element. good luck.

You can also try Chaparral Motorsports in San Bernardino. Their number is 909-889-2761. They're one of the biggest dealers in the country. That's where I got my Blue and Silver, and they gave me the deal I was looking for. I just checked and they've got a Blue and Silver in stock. They also have a Red and Grey on the floor if you want to compare. I've bought several bikes from them over the years and they've always treated me OK. BTW They also have a used Copper/Silver and a used Black/Grey.

Heck Slowhand, I've heard of Dave Emde, and I've bought GS1100E parts at Alba Action Sports for years. I never knew he was there. You are right, they are a good shop, in my opinion. See you guys at Carlsbad on Sat.

[This message has been edited by Mr Bear (edited 17 March 2000).]

Back