buying one of those foreign ebay bikes

Elfmaze

Registered
i'm looking at that silver busa on ebay for 3500. its closer to my price range and the deal "seems" legit. guy wants to use secure-o-deal as a escrow. i send the escrow the money, he sends the bike, i approve the bike he gets the money. i know i've heard of simmilar scams but how do they work?

ORIGINAL EMAIL FROM SELLER:

Hello,

The buy it now price is 3500$
The bike is in perfect working condition. It have only 742 miles. My experienced SUZUKI tech has fully checked out this
bike...and gives it a special high rating....has a CLEAR & CLEAN
TITLE...a .great history.....and mechanically without any
problems ever.....safety check & Pre-delivery inspection along with
a fresh servicing before I ship or deliver the bike.

The only problem is that I am in Netherlands now.I just married and I decided to sell the bike and buy a car.The bike is
registered in US so you don't have to pay any import taxes.
The reason of the low price is that, I can't register the bike here in Amsterdam, because it dosn't meet the European standards.
If you are interested you don't have to worry about shipping. As a shipping carrier I will use Lufthansa airplane cargo insured services and the bike will be insured against damages, and I will pay 100% for shipping so you can have it within 6-7 days after you make the payment via an escrow company (www.secure-o-deal.com) to protect both of us.You will have 7 days to inspect the bike.
Let me know

Regards,

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>WARNING, WARNING!! DANGER WILL ROBINSON, DANGER!</span>

Seriously, they are ALL scams.  You want proof?  Ask the guy to send you a picture of the bike with a piece of cardboard in front of it.  On the card board write "Bugs Bunny", or whatever.   Explain you have to be sure the seller actually HAS the bike.  
cool.gif

I can almost guarantee he'll write back "I don't have time to play games.  I no sell bike to you".

<!--EDIT|Noltez
Reason for Edit: "Formatting..."|1076382620 -->

yeah only don't do bugs bunny....cuz everyone does that and eventually smart scammers will catch on....  
laugh.gif

old wise saying:

IF ITS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE; IT PROBABLY IS

step back and take a look...WHY isn't there ANY bikes in the USA selling for cheap like that....because people use foreign countries as scams!!!!!! WHY would someone take a huge hit like that and sell a busa for that price??? They wouldn't if they actually had a bike!!!!

DON'T BE FOOLED INTO SCAMMED!!!

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076383646 -->

what about asking not to use the escrow he has suggested? using the ebay suggested site. ass long as its a real escrow shouldn't that protect me?

cuz, i haven't in a while

<!--EDIT|Cookie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076384782 -->

ask for a phone #....is it an Amsterdam local...it is..ok.
it isn't...see ya fughead .

ask for the serial #...is it stolen , non-exsistant ?

ask some Busa questions...ones only WE know .

is there an ORG brother near this place that can go eyeball it for ya . The org is big , I wouldnt buy shid unless me or one of my trusted brothers checked the thing out first .

read the letter a bit closer too my friend . First its , "I'm selling to buy car".....next its "I'm selling ,cant register here"
what will the next ad read...my guess is: I'm a lousy fuggin low life with NO BALLS , how could I be expected to have a busa .
but thats just a guess.....

hav a good 1.....RSD .

here's an odd thing...i just checked the website of the carrier this guy wants to use...I just typed Lufthansa into my yahoo browser....went straight to their site , they fly outa just about every fuggin country on the planet ....

'cept Holland .

Scam.  If you escrow usually part of the money is up front.  If he gets a few hundred to cover "shipping" from you, he's made a nice profit.  You'd also be surprised how these guys can get escrow money released.

Forget the scam bike.. come back to reality WITH your money.

If you're taking this kind of a chance to buy a busa, maybe you can't afford one (which is fine - maybe later you can get one), so you might want to look at used 600's.. at least you'll end up with a bike.

<!--EDIT|Dangerously
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076389592 -->

Here's an idea ...get him to send you the bike first, then u will send him the $...
rock.gif
wow.gif
tounge.gif

WHY BOTHER? THIS IS A COMPLETE FRAUD.
I'VE BEEN WATCHING THESE BOGUS AUCTIONS
FOR THE PAST 2 MONTHS........ SAD.

Just for giggles I looked up your website on whois......... They just registered this site on Jan 27th, 2004! (Secure-o-deal) What a joke. P.S. never use Western Union to send money for an internet transaction ANYONE AND I MEAN ANYONE CAN PICK THE MONEY UP! NO ID REQUIRED......
Organization:
Lexie M Brown
Lexie Brown
703 C Street
Columbia, MI 39429
US
Phone: 6081418889
Email: hgmanchest@aol.com

Registrar Name....: Register.com
Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com
Registrar Homepage: http://www.register.com

Domain Name: SECURE-O-DEAL.COM

Created on..............: Tue, Jan 27, 2004
Expires on..............: Thu, Jan 27, 2005
Record last updated on..: Wed, Feb 04, 2004

Administrative Contact:
Lexie M Brown
Lexie Brown
703 C Street
Columbia, MI 39429
US
Phone: 6081418889
Email: hgmanchest@aol.com

Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
Register.Com
Domain Registrar
575 8th Avenue - 11th Floor
New York, NY 10018
US
Phone: 902-749-2701
Fax..: 902-749-5429
Email: domain-registrar@register.com

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.RITZHOST.COM 24.244.171.75
NS2.RITZHOST.COM 24.244.171.76

I used western union to send $$ once.... it was only $10 so I guess if I lose it, it won't be so bad.:p

what about asking not to use the escrow he has suggested?  using the ebay suggested site.  ass long as its a real escrow shouldn't that protect me?
Dude, Your kidding right? Sounds like you may not be listening... So, once your done getting screwed on this deal lemme know, I got a sweet bridge down here I will sell to you cheap!

Back