Buying a used Hayabusa

tbur86

Registered
I am looking to buy a used busa and was wondering what where yall's thoughts on the amount of mileage on a used bike. One that has not been bored or broke open for engine mods. I know they are good for high mileage but I would rather not buy a used one with a high mileage count rather put those on myself :laugh:.

Usually what I find is people say it's got a built engine or, ported head just to sell the bike for more money. I've had 3 bikes come to my shop this year only to fine they were stock.

Someone that has truthfully been in the motor and invested money isn't gonna try and push it off as a stocker because they do actually have money in to it.

Your always taking a risk buying a used motorcycle, specially a sport bike. They're built specifically to go fast, and that's what people do, is beat on them.

Bikes are just like cars, you could have 50k on a car, but it could be on it's way out if the oil was never changed. While a 150k car may run flawlessly.

Your best bet would be, to take someone with that mechanically knows bikes well. That type of person will know by checking oil condition, coolant color, exhaust color, engine noise ect will be able to give you a good idea if the bike is worth it or not.

That's my suggestion.

dont buy anything stretched or lowered more likely to have been dragged.also custom bikes can have unforseen problems.i wouldnt buy anything with nos.literally get on your hands and feet and check every nook and cranny for signs of being dropped.bring a friend to check the mechanical side

I see a lot online with ten thousand miles or less in good condition.i think most guys arent real riders and their bikes spend more time sitting.heck mine was six years old when i bought it and only had 8900 miles.i put 6000 on it in 7months.i know whoever owned it before me never rode it.

You got plenty of time bike fever is gone now during the winter months.there are a lot of people trying to get rid of bikes they never ride.so be picky and be willing to walk away from any bike.

Yea I agree I would like to find one with less than 10,000 miles. I hope I could get one for a decent price with room to spice it you know what I mean.

You have a website or anything for your shop and do ya'll sell used bikes. I live in Sulphur La about 2 hrs away from ya'll.

You have a website or anything for your shop and do ya'll sell used bikes. I live in Sulphur La about 2 hrs away from ya'll.

Yes, if you click on the boosted cycle performance banner it will take you to it.

No we don't sell bike, but we do general repair, and performance work, mainly turbo builds.

And yes, we did a bike for a guy in sulfur LA earlier this year. He was about 2 hours away.

I've got right at 50k on mine and it still runs strong. Most everyone that I ride with has over 50k on their bikes with several over 100k, one even has 230k on a honda 600. Most important thing is make sure the maint. was done. Most older people tend to keep them up where younger guys are more concerned with chasing tail. .02

Someone recently posted an '08 in great shape and low mileage for 7500 or best offer

I would look for signes that the bike was dropped, painted, or properly maintained. One of the best and fist things I look at is the chain. If it's rusty and shot the bike more then likely was not pampered. Don't depend on the milage on the speedo, they can be unhooked or brought on FLEE Bay all day. Check the engine/frame numbers. Sometimes Racers will remove the stock body work, race, Stunt or dog the hell out of the bike, sometimes even blowing the motor. Put in a used motor, put the stock pipes, and fairings back on, get a low mileage speedo and sell as a low miles bike. So beware. This happeded to a friend of mine with a ZX1400. He had it for about six months and the engine blew up. After finding a replacement engine, he finds out that the one that blew was not the stock engine, and looking further were signs that the bike was raced. So beware of the low mile stock looking bike. If unsure bring it to someone who knows what to look for and how to check out the engine.

Back