Buying A New Car. Opinions Needed.

solarbarack

Donating Member
Registered
Well I'm trading in my big block Silverado for something better on fuel. Here's what I narrowed it down to '09 Jetta TDI 42mpg mixed, 10'Toyota Prius 45mpg mixed, 10' Chevy Malibu 23mpg miixed, or 10' Ford fusion 23mpg mixed. My big problem is I drive 110 miles a day for work so the diesel Jetta would hold it's value more, plus great mpg's. The Prius seems to have gained a great cult following, so it should hold a value as well. The Malibu I can get bellow dealer cost due to familly + GM loyalty incentives, but not the greatest mpg and I'm not sure how it will hold it's value with the miles I rack up. The Ford Fusion, well I like the looks, but same hold true to value. I'm kinda leaning towards the Jetta TDI. It looks sleek has power economy and comfort. Anyone have experience with any of these?
Posted via Mobile Device

Well I'm trading in my big block Silverado for something better on fuel. Here's what I narrowed it down to '09 Jetta TDI 42mpg mixed, 10'Toyota Prius 45mpg mixed, 10' Chevy Malibu 23mpg miixed, or 10' Ford fusion 23mpg mixed. My big problem is I drive 110 miles a day for work so the diesel Jetta would hold it's value more, plus great mpg's. The Prius seems to have gained a great cult following, so it should hold a value as well. The Malibu I can get bellow dealer cost due to familly + GM loyalty incentives, but not the greatest mpg and I'm not sure how it will hold it's value with the miles I rack up. The Ford Fusion, well I like the looks, but same hold true to value. I'm kinda leaning towards the Jetta TDI. It looks sleek has power economy and comfort. Anyone have experience with any of these?
Posted via Mobile Device

How many peeps in the family, if its you only I would go with the Jetta!

Me and the girl have 6 kids all together. I will use this vehicle mosty for work .110 miles a day is alot. that why I was leaning toward the Jetta. Miles don't add up much on a diesel. The repairs are more costly though.
Posted via Mobile Device

Go with the jetta TDI, a good friend of mine has one and he is getting upper forties for mpg consistently, look into extended warranty on the vehicle if you are worried about repairs, it may be cost beneficial. +1 for bio fuels and you can also get the conversion kit to run on veggie oil too if you wanted.

+1 on the jetta. PErsonally im not a huge vw fan, but if you have that long a commute, its hard to argue with the mileage.

The only reason i would consider the prius is the tax credit you can get on it.

how did the test drive go?

Not bad, boy for a diesel its quieter then a four cylinder gas engine. They only wanted to give me 10k for my truck though. I might try selling it myself. I have a couple more dealerships to call first.
Posted via Mobile Device

All diesel cars have extensive upgrades to the sound deadening materials making them quieter. If you get the VW, go with a manual trans as it will cut your chances of developing problems. Also, try to do a more traditional oil and fluid change schedule because that will extend the life of the car. I would buy a diesel jetta in a heartbeat if I was stateside.

All diesel cars have extensive upgrades to the sound deadening materials making them quieter. If you get the VW, go with a manual trans as it will cut your chances of developing problems. Also, try to do a more traditional oil and fluid change schedule because that will extend the life of the car. I would buy a diesel jetta in a heartbeat if I was stateside.

Oh definatly the manual. Anyone lookng for a big truck?
Posted via Mobile Device

Back