Buying a new '11' white this Sat. Finally getting another Bus after mine was wrecked.

tjdobb

Donating Member
Registered
Well last fall my '06' was stolen and wrecked. Insurance totaled it out and after alot of thought on rebuilding and being stuck with a salvaged title, I let the Insurance have it. Now after a long debate deep within I have chosen another BUSA over a HD Ultra. The wife and I went looking at Harley's last Sat. and didn't find anything we really liked so we went to the Suzuki dealer and sat on the white '11' they have had sitting there for a while. The wife looked at me and said you might as well buy it because you are not going to be happy on a Harley. :cheerleader::cheerleader: Yippee I went and told Jay to put my name on it and i will pick it up next week. Already ordered a full exhaust and fender eliminator to get rid of the air brake. Bought the garbage can for the trunk mod and wondering if some of the stuff I took off of my '06' is going to fit the '11' like the galfer rotors and SS brake lines and my progressive controller for my NOS kit. Been lurking into the ecu editor vs. the PC 5. do you have to still get the bike tuned on the dyno or can you ride the bike and somewhat tune yourself. I'm a little confused on this set up. Does the '11' have a gear indicator or am I going to have to install the GI-pro from my '06'. It sounds like my HID's will not fit, so I will have to order a new set. Well the madness is ready to begin :thumbsup: again. Wish me luck. I will post pics as I proceed. :cheerleader:

Re: Buying a new '11' white this Sat. Finally getting another Bus after mine was wrec

Cool! Dont forget the pix!!!

Re: Buying a new '11' white this Sat. Finally getting another Bus after mine was wrec

I believe the gen2 has a gear indicator in the cluster, if i recall correct from pics.

Fastfrog007 said:
I believe the gen2 has a gear indicator in the cluster, if i recall correct from pics.

Yeppers it does:thumbsup:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Gen 2 has gear indicator. Aren't the 08 brakes different dia since they are radial? I'd go ECU flash for sure. I have a datalogger and have played around with fuel and not found any magic tune which means pretty much nothing was all that bad either. If you pm me I'll send you a map that works ok for me with a single can aftermarket system.

when I grow up I want to have as much patience as you. because, if it was me. I would be like: "here is my check where do I sign?" lol!!!

Except for the white models; they only have first gear apparently

:laugh:

Thanks for the info guys, going to feel great to bake in the saddle.

I would ride the new bike at night a few times before jumping on HIDs. Yes, HIDs will improve the lighting, but they have a lot of downsides. I try not to ride at night, and the Gen II headlights are much improved.

Depending on the exhaust you buy and if your O2 sensor will remain you might get away without needing a tune; but if you get a performance exhaust I would push you toward ECU editing. Check the threads, lots of guys have reused the rear reflector brackets for a tag bracket and simply removed the rear fender. Free eliminator .......

Enjoy the Gen II, lots of improvements, a little more heat to the inside of the right thigh, and the seats aren't as comfy as the Gen I IMO, but I think you'll be very happy.

congrats!:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Congrats!

congrats on getting back in the saddle :beerchug:

Congrats and excellent color choice :laugh:
What part of Wi?

Congrats.:thumbsup:

Ok guys, went yesterday and picked her up. Rode home in 25 MPH wind and 60 deg. out and it was worth it. Had 0.1 miles on it when I left the showroom floor. Very happy and excited on the new bike. Seems like it has alot more power than my 06 did. Cant hardly hear it run but the new pipe will take care of that. Well time to get some miles on her today to break her in before I start the tear down and install all the mods. I cant believe the weather here in Wisconsin but going to take advantage of it while it lasts.

WP_000210.jpg

WP_000211.jpg

Hayabusa 4 life, I live in central WI near Green Lake which is 30 miles west of Fon Du Lac. We will have to get together sometime.

Back