buying a house, it's got a huge garage, thoughts?

ogre

Call me Liberace!
Registered
it's at least 25 feet from floor to ceiling, so a two post lift (with the height extension so i don't have to duck in my own damn garage) is going to happen. it's just gonna. what else does the ultimate garage/man cave need? white epoxy flooring, a big ass light (they're actually by a company called big ass fans), and a large air compressor with lines and fittings that go to the wall are also gonna happen. beyond those, what else does it need?

More room...there's NEVER enough room, and that's coming from a chick :rofl:

and that's why wifeys **** will NOT be going in the garage. she's got 4 bedrooms to stash that garbage in.

and that's why wifeys **** will NOT be going in the garage. she's got 4 bedrooms to stash that garbage in.

Oh, it's not the gal that takes up the space...it's the guy that fills it and realizes "We should have built this bigger!" ;)

ha, i wish it had a little more floorspace, but there's enough room for tools, couch, bike, and cars. with some room to spare actually.

we're doing the inspection today, i'll snap a couple pictures while i'm there.

Sounds like it's already there; they're doing the inspection today and he's going to take pics.

We built a new house/garage, and it's full. We're already scoping out the property for a great location for the "new garage/shop/storage" :laugh:

If I was building new, it'd be a whole different story. Running water, floor drain, etc.

If I was building new, it'd be a whole different story. Running water, floor drain, etc.

We wished we'd had that luxury too. We had so many unknowns when we were in the process of qualifying for our house. We were just fortunate we knew the builder and he worked with us on some things, but we didn't put a ton of extra $ in to our wish list not knowing if we'd get it or not. Of course in retrospect, now that we have it, we wished we'd changed quite a bit :banghead:

Agreed 100% Need a floor drain even if you don't have running water. Unless you NEVER get rain or snow on your vehicles.

If I had the $$$$$ I would tear out my floor and put a drain in it as my garage stays above freezing all year long and a snow covered
vehicle brought in will be stripped of the snow and the water and salt will be on the floor. But if I had a drain............

So if it's already built and you can't change it now - it's water under the bridge. Should have asked for advice BEFORE it was built. :laugh:

Other things:

How about a stereo with the speaker wires hid behind the walls if they are not up yet.
Gas line for heating?
Screens for the big doors to keep the bugs out but still let in a breeze?
3 phase electrical? I assume 120 and 240 are there now?
Is there a bathroom connected to the garage or in the garage area? Easier clean up and if you have to go.....
Tire changing area? Bike lift?

ETC.

More room...there's NEVER enough room, and that's coming from a chick :rofl:

I agree with Michelle. There's never enough room. We have a standard attached two car garage for our daily drivers. Then my detached "garage" houses three airplanes, three motorcycles, and another car. It also has a large separate shop with a bathroom. It's still not enough sometimes.

The bigger is always true. I have 2 cars, bike, tractor, and wagon taking up my floorspace. Hopefully getting a shed in a year or 2 for the tractor and other randoms.

its never enough...started with 2.5 car garage hooked to house then another garage 1 car shopt ...then that wasnt enough knocked it down and build 50X100 ft garage enough for 6 vehicles. Guess what....its not enough now either. I am thinking its time to build a 100x150 with 25 ft ceilings...Just a heads up ogre need bigger brother!

with a 25 foot floor to floor you might think about putting in a mezzanine for storage on part of it. Also a big screen TV and a Bathroom. Of course a refrigerator.

Back