Buying a busa

NickH

Registered
The time has come to buy a busa and I need a little help from the board. I’ve been looking at the cheaper new ones available and wondered if anybody can help with the following – or offer advice on which to go for.

Option 1 - 2000 model Busa UK spec unregistered – what recalls have there been (so I can them done before I pick it up)

Option 2 - 2001 European model – are there any major recalls on this model that Suzuki UK would not carry out on an import and are there any major pitfalls in getting a full power import.

Both bikes are nearly 3 grand cheaper than 2002 UK bikes. From my experience of losing money on my last bike (Mille – lost 3.5k in 11 months due to import prices) I want to go the import route.

Many Thanks in advance

Nick

biggrin.gif
My girlfriend has a 2000 model - no recalls

Enjoy!!!

I'd go with the 2001 to avoid possible aluminum sub frame problems, there's no recall yet but there have been subframe failures on 1999 & 2000 models. 2001 and up have a steel subframe.

I don't know about the UK models but the US 1999's and 2000's had a recall on the cam chain tensioner.

Ive got a UK 2000 model and have had 2 recalls on it. First one was done in the shop before i picked it up and the second was carried out a few months later. Both were on the cam chain adjuster. Nothing since.
If you get a 2000 model its not restricted but the later ones are.
ernaehrung004.gif

tounge.gif
just picked up a 2000 model 'busa from Powersports in Bradford for cost price. Could have had a 2002 model for the same money, but bearing in mind this was the last of the "full power" jobbies, it had to be done. No problems so far except even with rtunning in, the rear hoop is shot after 1300 miles. Look long and hard at the amount of miles you will do, divided by the number of miles per tyre, multiplied by £135.oo. Then ignore the result, go out and ride knowing that you have the mostest !
ernaehrung004.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td> (Teezer @ July 30 2002, 01:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">
tounge.gif
just picked up a 2000 model 'busa from Powersports in Bradford for cost price. Could have had a 2002 model for the same money, but bearing in mind this was the last of the "full power" jobbies, it had to be done. No problems so far except even with rtunning in, the rear hoop is shot after 1300 miles. Look long and hard at the amount of miles you will do, divided by the number of miles per tyre, multiplied by £135.oo. Then ignore the result, go out and ride knowing that you have the mostest !
ernaehrung004.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
ononono.gif

aktion033.gif

ernaehrung004.gif

aktion033.gif

£ £

ernaehrung004.gif

aktion033.gif

Teezer, dude the power is the same on the 2002 and the FI is smoother. Why would you buy an older one for the same money, think you were hyped! 185 or 190+, so what!
lachen011.gif

Back