Buying a bike with a rebuilt title

89mustang

Registered
Looking at a 02' busa with a 1441 with gen 2 body work. The gentleman is asking 9k for it. It does have all the good stuff in it. I know roughly what it'll cost to build a 1441 for my gen 2. The title is my hold up.
Any thoughts?

If you want any resale value, I would not recommend it. Most people wont buy one with a salvage title.

I have an 05 that was salvaged and now is rebuilt and it only had 5 miles on it when I got it. I bought it about 5 years ago. Only problem was melted plastic. If you want to keep the bike, dont let rebuilt scare you off, but you need to know more why it was salvaged. Any frame damage would make it useless.

Some deals out there to be had, but he is asking full price for his motor. My 1441 was around $6k to build.

You can get a hen UK for that price. Run from that. Rebuilt title I would offer him 3 k and go from there.

Keep in mind you are only playing with two wheels so if something goes wrong it comes out of your hide.

Your choice but I would keep looking.

An 02 with Gen II body?

How many miles?

I would think you could buy a nice used bike Gen I or Gen II with nice features for less than 9K.

Heck a left over 13 or 14 might go for only 10K ??? Look and you will find?

Do you really need a 1441? on a 13 year old bike? With a title issue?

Your choice - but I would keep looking.

Back