Buying a 00 Busa....

Just take it slow and easy man, no BS Ease into it or it will hand you your ass, especially after not riding for over a year. It will take a little while to adjust to the length and mass of the Busa. But, once you do heh, you find that she turns just fine and that there will be very few riders on anything, that can truly leave you behind.

Price wise... Sounds like a decent price, but I would really want to take it to the Dealership or your favorite tuner and have them go over it. Make certain the subframe has been replaced or adjusted, make certain your recal items (CamChain) have been handled, throw in some premium synthetic oil, change all the other fluids (Coolant Etc.) Change out your brake lines maybe, and check the tires for any signs of age and you should be good to go...

Bike looks pretty good from the pics. I bought my '99 in August for $6500 and it had around 5K miles on it. It had been dropped on the left side and had some scratches on all left side parts except tank. I had it all repaired by a local body shop for $350.00 with perfect results. I wanted the '99 model bad so I was willing to pay a little extra and it was a low-mileage bike. I can't believe the bank would only loan $4K on a 2000 model. I sold a 1996 Buell S2T when I bought my busa and the bakn loaned the guy $4,500 on it. It also had 29,000 miles. Anyway, I used some of that profit to pay for the damages onmy busa. Also, the magine tests got their 2000 Busas over 186 so I think '01 was the first year of restriction. I am a statistics freak and I have several magazines that tested the 2000 models. Enjoy your new ride and welcome to the board, you'll find lots of useful info hear and even more entertaining BS, hah!

smile.gif
smile.gif
Go for it!

smile.gif

Not a bad price. I would raise it back to stock hieght though. My busie has 17K miles on her and I wouldnt sell for that low. You'll get use to the beast no prob. enjoy!
biggrin.gif

I just want to know what you have on your SS to drop it into the 10's. That's a sweet ride, man.

If I ever got around to a 12 bolt rear, my WS6 might need to be running some forced induction as well.
biggrin.gif
As it stands, I'm afraid to even launch hard with drag radials for fear of busting the rear.

PACIFICBUSA I have a 2000 Red and silver and it is not restricted... How do I know? A test with Police laser ..190mph... In a very safe location... But in the end how many times would you hit that speed? next to never but its nice to have bragging rights...

winter_home_busa.jpg

Not a bad price at all. Besides its the last unrestricted 220mph speedo year of the Hayabusa. In other words, it will probably be a collector item someday. Furthermore, in my opinion, 00' blue&silver was the best color scheme to date! And I heard someone say something about $3k more and you can buy a new one. Well I think you'd be lucky to find a brand new one for even 3.5K more.  And anyway screw the $3,500 more! If you were going to spend that much, then I would buy this one and put a turbo on it!  
tounge.gif
Welcome to the quickest accelerating and fastest top end factory mass production street legal vehicle in the world!

<!--EDIT|quazy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078458451 -->

Welcome to the board. Just make sure the cam chain tensioner recall has been done.

I just want to know what you have on your SS to drop it into the 10's.  That's a sweet ride, man.

If I ever got around to a 12 bolt rear, my WS6 might need to be running some forced induction as well.  
biggrin.gif
 As it stands, I'm afraid to even launch hard with drag radials for fear of busting the rear.
Me, Ive got some toys on it!  
2000 SS a4.
02 z06/ls6 motor swap complete
stage II heads
headers, no cats, cat back
diablo programming
Yank SS3800 torque converter
NX wet 150 shot
STOCK rear end ;) with 323s
18" Drag radials... 295-35-18 BFG drags to be specific.
1.47 60 ft (oh yea its lowered too) trapping on average 125-126.

Fast on 4 wheels.

I actually bought the Busa to ride, tour.  I doubt ill ever be a speed freak with it.  I like 4 wheels.  OH YEA!!!!  I never said I actually bought the bike until just now.  Yup, Im officially a 2000 Busa owner, 220mph speedo and all!  

Fastest ive ever been...
600f4i                160
2000 Camaro SS  176
2000 Hayabusa    85 so far (in about 3 seconds or less)

<!--EDIT|SSKILLZ
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078465566 -->

mah ride...

my speedo...

and my boss riding my toy...

the mini chopper is about to go from the gutless 49cc, to a 7.5 horse briggs & stratton cart race motor. yehaw!

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually bought the Busa to ride, tour.  I doubt ill ever be a speed freak with it.  I like 4 wheels.  OH YEA!!!!  I never said I actually bought the bike until just now.  Yup, Im officially a 2000 Busa owner, 220mph speedo and all!  

Fastest ive ever been...
600f4i                160
2000 Camaro SS  176
2000 Hayabusa    85 so far (in about 3 seconds or less)
Well in that case Congratulations.

PACIFICBUSA I have a 2000 Red and silver and it is not restricted... How do I know? A test with Police laser ..190mph... In a very safe location... But in the end how many times would you hit that speed? next to never but its nice to have bragging rights...
sounds wicked! Are you running any mods on her? Sounds pretty tight! One thing though: if I read correctly, the 99's should be able to hit about 196-197. Am I wrong?

Is there a doctor in the house with hard numbers? Revlis, if you read this, I know you're the one for cold hard data. You got anything on this?

It's quite possible that the BUSA pulled over 200mph in 99-00! The only problem is, most of those certified times for stock bikes are a two way averge(due to wind,road cond, etc.). So it could have gone 200 one way and only 190 the other so the mags average it out saying it will do 195!

If you keep searching the net, a EURO bike mag went 200.2 mph on a stock Busa. If you find the site, they have a video of it running through the timing lights.

As previously stated 2001 was the first official year of the restricted BUSA's! I have a 03 if anyone wants to do a head to head test with a similar modded 99-00 Busa ?
biggrin.gif

G-Busa...I would take you up on that in a heart beat! Only one problem, though: I'm about a million miles away. Honestly, though: I would like to see the comparison done...once and for all! I would be willing to use my bike as an experimental. Completely stock.....and I would love to see it run against your 03, GB, although I think that with your track time, if we go 1/4mi, you'd smoke me.

PACIFICBUSA,

That's cool man, maybe some day! Just curious but do you have any roads on the island that you can run the BUSA up(TOPSPEED)? I have had a few passes down the 1/4-mile so I might have you covered on that one. If your island isn't big enough for that, then I would change your gearing and set it up for quicker sprints! You would really surprise some people with it.

Josh
blues.gif

hehe...I logged off to go to sleep, but I thought I could slip in a couple more replies.

GB...there's maybe two strips that I can run the busa up to speed, but for safety reasons, the roads would need to be closed. Just today, I almost got hit by an idiot cager that misjudged my speed and distance. My back tire locked up and I had to go into the center lane. (thank God there was one).

I can change the gearing for quick sprints, but I would still like to experience 190+....gets me worked up just thinking about it!!!
cool.gif

Back