Buy a 2007 or wait for a 2008

tmlima

Registered
I'm debating between a 2007 for about $9,500 (new), or wait for a 2008. My theory is that the 2007 is proven. The 2008 is a new model year, so if there are issues, I'm stuck with a lemon since suzuki has an awefull customer service reputation. Looking forward to hear your responses.

Buy the '07, cause you're always gonna worry about buying a lemon
sad.gif

The 08 is a good platform using main subsystems that have already proven themselves. I still say get an 07 though. Nicer azz! Welcome
beerchug.gif

I don't know what your riding experience is but think long and hard before you buy. The Busa is a great bike for very experienced sport bike riders

I wouldnt even think about it!

Wait for the 2nd Gen bike man! The '07 is the last run of an old platform that ran virtually unchanged / unimproved for 8 years. YES I LOVE MY '06!

08 = improved engine, better brakes, no contest dude and once suppliers start pumping out FI boxes and exhaust systems you will be way ahead of everything out there!

wait for the 08 to come out. Living in mass we only have so much season left, then you can sit on both and get a feel for which one you like better

wait for the 08 to come out. Living in mass we only have so much season left, then you can sit on both and get a feel for which one you like better

(YH2K @ Aug. 27 2007,12:49) I wouldn't even think about it!

Wait for the 2nd Gen bike man! The '07 is the last run of an old platform that ran virtually unchanged / unimproved for 8 years. YES I LOVE MY '06!

08 = improved engine, better brakes, no contest dude and once suppliers start pumping out FI boxes and exhaust systems you will be way ahead of everything out there!
You are correct Sir
beerchug.gif
but he's a worry wart
crazy.gif

The '08 will be the better bike for bunches of reasons, it will come with lots of the mods we do to Gen I bikes. Don't worry about a lemon. Zuki backs there bikes unless you trash the tranny.
wow.gif

I would by the 07 now and ride the heck out of it, and then next summer buy an 08 after all the new product bugs are repaired and the price may drop a little.

Guys,
Thanks a bunch for all your feedback. The concern I have is the 08 having some new systems, I would expect a few bugs the 1st year out. Even though the 07 might be outdated, it is a proven machine.
You all made great points.
I hope to meet a few Mass or RI riders to go for a good ride.

I try to never buy the first year of a new model. Although there is alot of the previous busa in the '08, it may not matter.

Get the 07 don't waste your time on the 08, it's ugly hell I never liked the way the ZX-14 looked but I think it looks better than the 08 Busa.....

Back