Buy 2020 model or wait?

I had a 2007, later bought the 2012 R model. The 12 was horrible, gearbox was not as smooth as the 07 and power felt down too :(

Huh, must have got a Monday or Friday bike...I always hear how stellar the R is over the previous model...

Well, I'd have more sympathy but after it all it is a Kawasaki....:poke:

If you can test drive a new ZX-14R, you really should before making any decision.

We would love to know about you and your bike. Feel free to post in the introduction forum.

If you wait for a 2021 you might not get any Hayabusa at all.

Hey, guys. I love riding down nostalgia lane with this new Busa. I bought a Sena 50s setup, and I'm stoked to have tunes and intercom now. I love the alone time on the bike, and the tunes will add more joy when wanted.

I purchased some Ceramic Coating from the The Last Coating to try on the bike. I'll let you know how it turns out.

The concept bike was powered by a blown Busa motor, back when Suzuki were cool...
Long arm, street tire, 300 hp, and a light rider will make it spin easily.
Hey, guys. I love riding down nostalgia lane with this new Busa. I bought a Sena 50s setup, and I'm stoked to have tunes and intercom now. I love the alone time on the bike, and the tunes will add more joy when wanted.

I purchased some Ceramic Coating from the The Last Coating to try on the bike. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Tell me more about the 50s? Reviews??
Have a 20sEvo with battery issues debating a trade up

@Blkoutbusa This is my first Sena device, so I cannot give comparisons. I rode with it for the first time over the weekend. I was pretty impressed with the system. My friend was on a '03 HD Fatboy. We were both riding with closed face helmets. I really enjoyed the SENA system. The mesh intercom kept up with us and had no problems with gaps on the road. I had music playing, and the intercom would reduce the music volume while we talked on the intercom. Sena quotes 9 hours of battery life which would be impressive. Our ride was only an hour, so I cannot provide feedback there.

Music / Speakers - Plenty loud enough and good quality. It could easily drown out wind noise and traffic. I'm finding the balance of awareness versus entertainment.

Phone Calls - While riding, I used Siri to call my wife. It worked great. There is a slight delay while Sena wakes up Siri, but it works fine with this expectation. Wifey could hear some wind noise but heard me just fine. Maybe a microphone placement adjustment could help. It was awesome to be able to chat while carving some turns.

Mesh Intercom - There were only two of us, so we really didn't test the "mesh" part of the system. However, the coms were great. It is nice to have a chat without having to touch anything on the headset.

With the limited experience, I recommend it.

Note - My wife enjoys me sitting in the living room with my helmet on while learning the Sena features.

Last edited:
Tell me more about the 50s? Reviews??
Have a 20sEvo with battery issues debating a trade up
If you already have the 20s then id say do the trade in they are offering with it and it's supposed to give you like 150 for it which wouldn't make the cost that bad. A couple buddies I know with the 50 said there important thing is to plug it into the computer and do the update right away other then that they have no complaints

Hey. I owned a couple Busas back in the early 2000's, and I have the itch again. They seem to hold their value well on the used market in my local area, so I'm leaning towards a new one. Since the 2021 has not been released yet, we are all guessing on whether it will be better than the current model.

Where do you guys stand on buying the last year of this model? What if the next model is not as desirable? What if the next model is 10x better in some way?

Ultimately, the 2020 would suit my needs and wants fine, so there is no wrong answer. Can you share your thoughts buying the last model year?

Thanks!
Hey I was in the same boat in February. I went ahead and got one because I love the candy apple red and don't regret it one bit. If a better one comes along you can always get it, but once the gen 2 is gone you can't. At least that was my reasoning.

Back