'But it's still not a 'Busa.

Tenderfoot

Registered
From the FJR rider who told me his bike is like mine because of its1300cc motor to BMW 1000 rider who said they call his bike the Busa killer...I understand.
Just like a '69 Big Block Camaro, Hemi Cuda or any of your favorite muscle cars, newer cars out perform them in every category but one.
We own a piece of history and....
'It's still not a Busa.
1569688693074765397861.jpg

From the FJR rider who told me his bike is like mine because of its1300cc motor to BMW 1000 rider who said they call his bike the Busa killer...I understand.
Just like a '69 Big Block Camaro, Hemi Cuda or any of your favorite muscle cars, newer cars out perform them in every category but one.
We own a piece of history and....
'It's still not a Busa.View attachment 1605623
I had a 19 FJR and it is nowhere near as fast as a Busa.

When we talk about affordable great bikes....

I looked at an ad today advertising a Kawi H2R...it was over $62k Cdn...holy crap, that's a lot of cash for a bike...

I then saw ads for H2 SE SX and they were around $29k Cdn..

Still a pile of cash for something to ride especially here in our area where the riding season is very short.

I sure am glad I have my less than $6k bike...I sleep better.

Not to mention the cost to maintain that Duck too....most of the new bikes HAVE to be hooked to the mother ship computer during maintenance cycles...big bucks for that service.

Funny you mention that. A lady friend of mine has a Daytona 675R and recently had a rear tire blow out. She got the new rear tire and the bike had a CEL on and went into limp mode. They found the problem but had to take it to the dealer because the ECU is locked and encrypted. Such a pain in the ass.

Funny you mention that. A lady friend of mine has a Daytona 675R and recently had a rear tire blow out. She got the new rear tire and the bike had a CEL on and went into limp mode. They found the problem but had to take it to the dealer because the ECU is locked and encrypted. Such a pain in the ass.

Friend of mine has a Beemer S1000R and it went into limp mode because he was late for a service. The nearest dealer is 2 hrs away so into the truck it went for a $500 service...

If I'm being honest, I think the Busa stands alone in any kind of vehicle to dominate the roads for the better part of 20 years and to still be a sought after used vehicle. I can't think of anything else doing that.
Yup! My riding mate has always had GSXR's, we swapped bikes recently for an hour coz I wanted him to ride the Busa.
He liked it but said it was too big and heavy for him, he's 5'8" and 150lbs.
He reckoned the Busa is the best value big bike out there.

Same top speed...I get it. I've chased more than one on a race track on a 2017 GSXR 1000....that Duc pulls like a freight train in a straight line. The cost to benefit ratio is pretty bad on the Duc, but when all beats all that is one fast rabbit.

View attachment 1605741

Ducati V4R.....$48k US completely spec'd out when all is said and done....

....still has the same top speed as my $7k US Hayabusa.

Same top speed...I get it. I've chased more than one on a race track on a 2017 GSXR 1000....that Duc pulls like a freight train in a straight line. The cost to benefit ratio is pretty bad on the Duc, but when all beats all that is one fast rabbit.

Not denying it being a bad ass bike. Just overpriced.

The Duc is a bad bike which I why I had to have one. Great bike. Busa and the Duc completely different pieces of machinery

View attachment 1605768

The Ducks are serious bikes for sure and real eye candy..like all the other Italian machines.

I almost bought an Aprilia RSV Mille once...I was real close to pulling the trigger but a motorcycle mechanic buddy of mine talked me out of it. It was a drop dead gorgeous bike.

The Ducks are serious bikes for sure and real eye candy..like all the other Italian machines.

I almost bought an Aprilia RSV Mille once...I was real close to pulling the trigger but a motorcycle mechanic buddy of mine talked me out of it. It was a drop dead gorgeous bike.

Friend of mine owns an Aprilia and MV dealership. Great bikes as well.
The V4 just hit me the right way

Friend if mine owns an Aprilia and MV dealership. Great bikes as well.
The V4 just hit me the right way

I rode a friend's 916 back in the day and it was almost too pretty to ride-like a super model...

A very precise flawless bike to look at and ride though.

I've always been a Suzuki guy-had them since the early '80s and they grew on me. I got swayed by an '87 FZR1000 though, it was an awesome bike.

Back