Busted busa body parts...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
First of all, no, I haven't busted my busa's body parts. I am sort of lookin' for some busted parts. More specifically, I am lookin' mainly for fenders or humps that are busted.

Not wantin' it to use on my busa, I want some pieces to try some different paint schemes on. Therefore, I don't want to tie up any more $$ than I have to in 'em (paint will be expensive enough for this experiment). The fender or hump would be small and easy to work with but still give me enough surface area to try different shades of the color I plan to use and even some of the graphix styles I am considering.

I do plan to repair the pieces before painting and make them as "like new" as possible. With that in mind, cracks and mild to medium rash won't be a big deal as long as the part isn't busted to the point that it would never be right. The reason I am fixing them and tryin' to make 'em look as nice as possible is this... I may start doin' some custom bike painting and repair on the sides so some before/after shots of my repair work and the custom paint thing would be great to show what I can do.

So, anybody got something that might fit my needs? Again, the cheaper the better. ;)

I've got a busted front fender. The back is perfect but the front has a crack or two (nothing broken off but the cracks are long). Off a 2001 blue/silver. Its yours for the shipping cost if you want it :)

I have a broken side panel.  It is not all there as some part of it flew away at 1XX MPH.  Yours for the shipping. :D

Hey Mikey,

Are you talkin' about a side fairing? :super: If not, then what side panel? :super: What flew off? :super: Might be something I could use. Let me know exactly what part it is and what is missing from it. I'm mainly interested in humps and fenders (rigid parts are cheaper/easier to repair which makes my experiments more affordable and less time consuming) but if it's something I can use I'd prolly take it for shipping costs.

Let me know...

It's the right side fairing. I bought a dismantled Busa, and converted it to a salvage title. (No way this 'po school teacher can afford Mighty New Busa!) The original fairing was on the bike and had cracked (and later broken) through the top air vent.
Honestly I was having too much fun to notice when it departed from the bike! :D
It is at school now, I'll try to get there this weekend, get it and snap a photo for you.

Ran to the school.
(Hope you appredciate it, I had to take the CAGE!!!)  
Anyway, got the kid to pose (She's such a poser! :D )
The fairing is pretty jacked up, only about 70% left.  Plenty of curves if you want to paractice painting.
Let me know... :beerchug:

Jessie___Busa_fairing.JPG

Mikey, I do appreciate yer trip to school in the cage. However, the fairing is a bit beyond what I'm lookin' for since it has so much missing. I guess I'll pass on it. Thanks a million for the thought and the effort tho. If it was just busted up and not missing half ( ;) ) I'd prolly go ahead and try it.

BT,

I have a cracked front fender. (rotor lock incident) It's repairable I just didn't want to go through the hassle. I left it at my mechanic's house, if he still has it I will ship it to ya!!
I'll let ya know by Monday if he still has it.

Lo

Mikey, I do appreciate yer trip to school in the cage. However, the fairing is a bit beyond what I'm lookin' for since it has so much missing. I guess I'll pass on it.  Thanks a million for the thought and the effort tho. If it was just busted up and not missing half (  ;) ) I'd prolly go ahead and try it.
No problem Bullet.  I think I'm going to use if to practice on with the plastic repair technique I saw on another thread.  ;)

Post when you get confident with the gun.  Maybe we'll hook up for paint.  I could use a nice long ride/break! :D  :beerchug:

Mikey, I'm about as confident with the gun as I'm gonna get, bro. I started paintin' cars before I got out of high school. Got "TOP GUN" certified by Dupont and got PPG's highest training as well. Also had some House of Kolors training but they didn't give certificates or recognition. ;)

The only problem I really have is that I don't have a good place to paint at my new house yet and no compressor. My old compressor finally went teeots up. I'm workin' on that, tho. :cool:

Back