Busa's

Bad Dog I will post it on Labusa tonight. I know that site is planning a meet at Laguna Seca. That sounds like fun too.

hey guys!! a hayabusa national gathering is going to be great wherever we meet. it would be kinda of tough for those on the coasts (east/west) to go to either coast. so somewhere in the middle makes sense. i'm down with colorado or anywhere in the midwest. but just like bad dog said, it needs to be BIG! to make it worth the time and $$$$$
ernaehrung004.gif

In the middle sounds like guess were, the Black Hills. It's hard to beat this area and the community has experience with motorcycle groups.

aktion035.gif

ernaehrung004.gif
OK,, so here's the list so far.....
1. California
2. Colorado
3. Black Hills South Dakota
4. Utah
5. Blue Ridge area (North Carolina,Tennesee)
Are there any other locations somebody thinks would work?? then mabe we'll have a poll.

ernaehrung019.gif

Have asked the Captain for a poll like the Busa color one and am waiting for a responce. Maybe he's waiting to see if this topic goes anywere first?
wow.gif

I again suggest that we go with the highest populated area the first time out. Putting this thing together is going to be a bear. If we end up in a place where there are not enough helping hands to pitch in we may not be satisfied with the results. Then after the first one is done we can pass on the do's and don'ts to the next group to host. Just a suggestion! But count me in!!

I'm down, lets look at the GRand Canyon. somewhere in the middle of the country since we got ryders all over the country.

Somewhere in the middle of the country sounds good, but last time I looked the Grand Canyon was not in the middle of the country, unless the Mississippi flow through it.
biggrin.gif

How about St. Louis, Mo. There is a killer track at Gateway 1/4 mile and a good road course. Plus last time I was at the strip there were alot of 1300s.

aktion033.gif
aktion035.gif
aktion033.gif

aktion033.gif

Ok as promised I posted a note on the Labusa web page and it seems that Texas was the reply I got. I would agree since that is in the middle. I know the poll is going on but I want to make sure we find a spot that gets the most people that can make it.

Marc
aktion035.gif

ernaehrung019.gif
Im sure there's alot of Dout in the minds of many of you, that something like this will never work, But...if you think about it.....if we do this in the summer of next year (2003) that gives us a year to get the word out, save some extra cash, and plan to take some days off.... not to mention there will be another years worth of 03 busa riders out there!
thumbs-up.gif
Personaly Ill just make a vacation out of it..thats why its got to be in a great riding location,, so if it is a bust,,, I'll just do some serious riding and enjoy it regardless.

aktion033.gif

Texas is in the middle but can get to be a long way down in the big star state. I like the idea of North Carolina, still is about 1,000 miles for me, but the Blue ridge Mts. are great.

Curtis,
Couldn't agree with you more!! I think we can do a lot with this. Even if its just a few days and some seminars. It would be fun to meet all of you and see your bikes. I still think we need to be in a position to help organize by selecting a location that has enough owners to spread the work load.

Marc

East of the Miss River and I think we will run into the same problem as if you had it out here in Cali. Just to damn far to ride. I think I would still try to make the trip and maybe pick up with people along the way. That would be fun as well. I don't want to put any negative tones on this because I am sure we can all come up with a laundry list of why it won't work! (The Marine in me coming out) Lets find ways to make it work for the majority and then the next one can be somewhere else. Your all a good bunch and I know I am the least intelligent of this bunch. Lets make this happen!!!

Marc
aktion033.gif
aktion035.gif
withstupid.gif

The East Coast spots are nice but did not come from me. I think that in order to get as many as possible we would have to hit true Mid-West.

Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas, Kansas South Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska or?

I think your on the money there Ninja!!! We will have to see what the poll says. I hope that isn't concrete since we didn't have any other sites listed. We should all just go to the captains town and thank him for this web site.

Marc

VOTE PEOPLE!. I really want this idea to take off
nervous.gif
. Oklahoma would work for me if it comes to that. Of course California would be my first choice
thumbs-up.gif
. Summer of 2003 would be perfect. My wallet is being pulled in a thousand different 'Busa modification directions right now.. and with early summer track days calling I'd like to get a date set for vacation time off work and some extra $$$ next year. This year would be cool for one or maybe two simaltaneous ( sp ) meetings for the majority of west/east coast 'Busa owners. Then we can see how it pans out, and plan a meet up next summer.
aktion035.gif

The way I look at it is, If we can get even 12 Busa riders to meet from around the country, the first National would be a success. Maybe the first National would be the best one ever? I see the ZX-12's have a National set up in the Black Hills - still think this location would be our best location - hope for good weather. Lets schedule ours the same time as the ZX-12's but at a different campground? Now wouldn’t that be cool, a meeting of the different tribes!
:argue: :hammerhead:
ernaehrung004.gif

I would suggest Oklahoma or Texas. If you go to far west or to far east you add alot of travel time for those coming from the opposite coast. I know OK. is about 2 days (taking it easy) drive from the west. Any futher than that and I would have to take 6 days off just for travel. When considering a place to go we should also be thinking about what other group activities we want to do. Like race tracks, amusement parks, clubs/bars, sightseeing, beaches or special events going on in the area at that time.
While I'm at it I would also like to throw in Las Vegas as a spot to go. I know it is quite a drive for some, but there is alot to do here and most of the people on this board seem to be over 21 so the night life would be fun too.
My 2 cents.

Quincy

Hey watch that over 21 crap.
angry.gif
devil.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

OK would be fine as would Texas, I could always visit my mother in Waco.

biggrin.gif

Back