Busa's they can't hang curves!

You can puff your chest up all day and brag about spanking a GSXR 750 on the back roads with your mighty busa and you may get some busa owners to believe their busa is a gift from heaven designed by the gods for carving corners? However, the beast is to big and clumbersom to compete. If I were you, I would not bet the farm that you can out perform even the scrappy little GSXR-600 on your mighty busa! Your busa is fun in the corners, not fast! If you have never been to the track to watch or ride with skilled riders you are in for a real disappointment with your beloved busa!  I'd be willing to bet hard cash if you bring your mighty busa to the track, little 18 year old Mitchel Pierce will lap you on his GSXR 600 in a 12 lap race! Doug Poland came to our local track and set the track record on a GSXR 750 street bike. Wasn't even set up for racing. Love your busa, enjoy it, have fun on the twisties, hang with the local guys on the corners, give them a hard time about hanging on their tail light through the turns but if you are a wise man, you'll keep your money in your wallet if some guy you don't know on a 750 wants to run you through the corners on a bet. No intelligent rider is going to push the envelope on the streets. NOBODY! So it's a lude point to argue your skill level if you have never spent a day on the track, nor had any instruction from a professional. You really don't know what your skill level is until you are placed in an environment where there are no cars, no intersections, no furry critters, no oncoming traffic just in case you drift over the white line through a corner, no guard rails and no police! The track is the only place you can go to push your skills to the limit. Treat yourself to a day at the track and I guarantee you'll come away with a completely different attitude about yourself as well as your beloved busa!
So tell me,

WTF are you trying to say here?

I think a really good rider on a slightly slower bike is always the better bet.

And are we talking about the track?

Or the street?

Face it, a fast guy on a Busa, or a gixxer, or an r or a zx will always be fast, and a slow guy will always be slow until he learns to go fast.

Or hurts himself
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Glyn
Reason for Edit: "still cant spell"|1099194793 -->

You can puff your chest up all day and brag about spanking a GSXR 750 on the back roads with your mighty busa and you may get some busa owners to believe their busa is a gift from heaven designed by the gods for carving corners? However, the beast is to big and clumbersom to compete. If I were you, I would not bet the farm that you can out perform even the scrappy little GSXR-600 on your mighty busa! Your busa is fun in the corners, not fast! If you have never been to the track to watch or ride with skilled riders you are in for a real disappointment with your beloved busa!  I'd be willing to bet hard cash if you bring your mighty busa to the track, little 18 year old Mitchel Pierce will lap you on his GSXR 600 in a 12 lap race! Doug Poland came to our local track and set the track record on a GSXR 750 street bike. Wasn't even set up for racing. Love your busa, enjoy it, have fun on the twisties, hang with the local guys on the corners, give them a hard time about hanging on their tail light through the turns but if you are a wise man, you'll keep your money in your wallet if some guy you don't know on a 750 wants to run you through the corners on a bet. No intelligent rider is going to push the envelope on the streets. NOBODY! So it's a lude point to argue your skill level if you have never spent a day on the track, nor had any instruction from a professional. You really don't know what your skill level is until you are placed in an environment where there are no cars, no intersections, no furry critters, no oncoming traffic just in case you drift over the white line through a corner, no guard rails and no police! The track is the only place you can go to push your skills to the limit. Treat yourself to a day at the track and I guarantee you'll come away with a completely different attitude about yourself as well as your beloved busa!
Havent read a reply on here stating anyone smoked a GSXR750. Read one where the 750 rider was surprised the Busa stayed with him in the twisties. Well i have no idea who Mitchel Pierce is. The point of this topic was that people that dont owna busa automaticaly think it cant handle. And im sure if Doug Poland was on a hayabusa he would run laps around other Busa riders. So have no idea why u got so offended with this topic. Do you own a Busa?

<!--EDIT|bs72069
Reason for Edit: None given...|1099198660 -->

Yep, I have owned three busa's. The current one is an 04 purple/black which I dearly love, complimented by a GSXR-1000, Honda F4i, Aprilia Mille along with a Harley Bagger for long trips. I am not upset in the least, just pointing out that the busa is not a corner carving scooter. It's lots of fun and corners well, just not fast. I was simply pointing out that some of you, not all, seem to be confusing fun with fast? And for those of you that think your stock busa will make up on the straight what it lost in the turns?
rock.gif
? well, if a GSXR-1000 gets three bike lengths on you coming out of the last turn, you'll never pass him on the straight. I've tried and it just don't happen. If you do manage to pull ahead slightly, the lighter bike will brake later and still beat you into turn one. I love my busa but it just can't compete with the lighter, more agile liter bikes. My personal opinion is the busa is the best all around bike on the market today. If I were to just own one bike, it would be a busa. It does everything pretty well. Much more versitile than it's smaller brothern. If you have doubts about my statements concerning your busa, take your busa to the track and make me eat a little crow
smile.gif
If you can hang with the liter bikes, I'll tip my hat to you and give you a most humble apology for suggesting your busa isn't a corner carving beast
tounge.gif

Oh ok just wondering. Just from ur one post it just sounded like u didnt own one. If there was track close to me i would take it. It all boils down to rider skill anyways. No matter what bike u have.

I wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers. You are right, on a sunday afternoon ride through the twisties, it's all about skill and good judgment. However, to compare the ability of any bike you must first start with equally well skilled riders. I do think the busa is the best choice of bikes for all around fun!

MMM, New GSXR750... I keep thinking about how much fun another 750 would be.. ZING ZING!!!!
wow.gif

So it's a lude point to argue your skill level...
What the hell's a "lude point" ??

By the way - I agree with quite a lot of what you're saying. The Busa probably isn't the best track machine, but for the street - which is where the vast majority of motorcycle owners use their machines - it's King.

Perhaps we need to take a breath and define our parameters...

Steve

"Lude Point"
That's Alabama Pig Farmer Slang for bragging about how fine your ole lady is without furnishing Photos
eyes.gif

You know, the same boys who think "Safe Sex" is painting and "X" on the back of the pigs that kick!

Lude is actually a short term for "Ludicrous". Webster describes it as "Causing or deserving laughter because of absurdity; ridiculous; laughable!
Hope that helped?
wink.gif

..on track, did 3" less on a Ducati 749 FIRST time out (second lap..) than what I normally do with the busa (more than 100 laps..).

I have NO chicken stripes on the back tire (busa), very little on the front (..back tire marks show how MEAN you lean, while front show how FAST you enter a curve..)

In the "real" world, I 'd take the 749 nowhere but in the back of a truck, on our way to the track..
smile.gif

There ARE bikes out there that lean meaner, change direction faster (and easier..) and do better numbers on a trackday.. But: NOT ON THEIR OWN!..

Of course, everything is in the rider's head.. ..and you can be beaten with your SS or busa or '10 (on the RIGHT track..) by some dude with a two-stroke 125cc that has welded the trottle to the stop position..

This has long-gone in the "resolved issues" dpt.. (I think..)

Yeah but the GSXR 750 is like all the flavor and half the calories.  
smile.gif
 However, I still love the busa for what she is.  The fastest, hardest pulling, bike I have ever ridden...  The old 750 was cool  had a bit of peakiness to it, but I don't miss it.  The XX was fast but didn't handle anywhere as well as the Busa does, it cannot pull like the Busa does, and it had them clownshoes linked brakes.    The Busa in my feeling is simply the best open Class "STREET" bike out there.  Absolute cornering efficiency is not it's bread and butter.  But riding 200 miles to get the good twisties and still be fresh enough to have fun in them? That's where the Busa comes out on top.  It's FUN and it's Fast, it handles good, better than ANY non-sport bike, and better then many sportbikes out in the real 70-80% real world.    

Equal riders in the twisties or on the track?  Or better, the same rider back to back? The Busa will likely be a second or more behind on each lap... If we are talking VS Modern Liter bikes anyway...  If the track has some decent straights or is mostly wide open sweepers though I am pretty sure a Well setup Busa will run right the fug over a 600-750.  Especially if the track surface is less than Ideal.  I still say it comes down to the riders in question...  The Busa isn't SLOW enough in the corners for 90% of the other bikes out there to really walk away from it enough to matter when the road straightens out. At least when we are talking real world roads and riders.

I have NO chicken stripes on the back tire (busa), very little on the front (..back tire marks show how MEAN you lean, while front show how FAST you enter a curve..)[/QUOTE]

I have never heard this before. So the reason I have significant 1/2" strips on the front and 1/8th on the rear has nothing to do with the front's much more rounded profile? It is instead an indication that I am leaning, but not getting into the corners fast enough?

I have NO chicken stripes on the back tire (busa), very little on the front (..back tire marks show how MEAN you lean, while front show how FAST you enter a curve..)

I have never heard this before. So the reason I have significant 1/2" strips on the front and 1/8th on the rear has nothing to do with the front's much more rounded profile?  It is instead an indication that I am leaning, but not getting into the corners fast enough?[/QUOTE]
absolutely.. ANYONE can lean (in a while..) but getting in a curve REAL fast - without compromising your exit, if you know what I mean..
smile.gif
- is a "zen" thing, more than anything else.. You people are blessed there with the CSS master classes, I thing everyone with a bike should be attending first-ask questions later.. ..that simple..

First thing you will have to do in this course (CSS Level 1), is do the lap at your normal speed without touching the brakes... I mean, NO TOUCHING!

..if you don't smoke, THAT would be a good time to start..
smile.gif

smile.gif

I do not think that man would argue that the Busa is not best for the track. Yes a great rid can make it look and handle very nice. Street is a whole new balgame. Even going into curves slow and coming out out can catch up with most bikes. Differnt bikes for different riding is what it is all about.

if a GSXR-1000 gets three bike lengths on you coming out of the last turn, you'll never pass him on the straight. I've tried and it just don't happen. If you do manage to pull ahead slightly, the lighter bike will brake later and still beat you into turn one.
that all depends on how long that straight is, yes he will most likely catch you in the corners, but that is what the 1000 is designed for. but for a bike that everyone says cant hang, i think it can do just fine against bikes that are designed for the corners.

I would rather have a bike that can hang with most in the corners (maybe still be a little behind and get passed) and be able to outrun everything in a straight, then to have a bike that does just s little better in the corners and gets left behind in straights.

After a romp through the hills, stopping at local biker hangout. Busa gets a fair amount of attention. General impression other riders seem to have is Busa is a straight line machine. Notice a number of group rides, comments made about, how surprizing the Busa in a group was right in there with the rest of them.
Another stereo typing is Busa is a Sport touring bike, blah blah. But what the hey one just went canyon carving with everyone else. I say each bike is very good at something, best among it's class. Let the others have the reward for best handling Bikes.
Did experience by accident, while trying to catch the front riders in a group a mile ahead on very sharp twisties. How a Busa is very agressive cornering machine. I doubt anything could get away from it. Expression was priceless of wide eyed awe, where did the hell did that Busa come from during a stop shortly after catching up to them.

the busa can be taken to the limits and then some.. notice the sidewall? the top almost 1/8" was deflecting and making contact with the road.. i did this on Palomar MT.. those roads are the last spot u would think u would see a busa.. if anyone has rode it knows its freaking tight!

DSCN1796.JPG

Back