Busas Represent at Drag

Thinker62

Donating Member
Registered
Someone said that it was hard to get anyone or anything organized on this board these days. I dissagree. A month to go and Laguna is on track with 30+ people. And this weekend Havoc put a call out for Busas to come out to the Woodburn Drags, and people came out. In attendance were members from both .org and SuzukiHaya.org:

Havoc
Cache
Thinker
FredE
Kirk
Buster
Buzzard (injured but brought Dyno)
Phil (not on boards)
John?

Here are a few photos of Cache's Debut at the drags:

Smok_n_Cache_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cache's Dyno. Who's the idiot doing the funky chicken in the background? Oops that's Cache sport'n his .org T.

Cache_s_Dyno.jpg

Portland Busa Boys Left to right:
Cache, Phil, Thinker, Havoc, and FredE

Portland_Busas_2.jpg

Cache runnin the quarter
Now, why the heck am I out there by myself?? I didnt have any solo runs.....    
laugh.gif
That would be because the other guy was already picking up his timeslip....Heh, Just kidding Cache,

I was curious though, did you strap your front end or is it lowered? Also, if it is strapped, is there any concern of damaging your forks by strapping them down?

Looked like a real good time..

my bike is lowered in front and back. I did strap it too, to prevent the forks from expanding during the launch. No problems strapping, it is very safe if done properly and only for the track.

My best time was 10.185 et. Made it through 3 rounds, lost in the 4th round to a busa from seattle, Buster. He has a built busa, stretched, and he is experienced, runs low 9's.

This was the most fun I have ever had, and the feeling is indescribeable (sp).

I am getting my license next week since I will be faster than 10s my next time out. What a blast!!!!!
kickass.gif

my bike is lowered in front and back. I did strap it too, to prevent the forks from expanding during the launch. No problems strapping, it is very safe if done properly and only for the track.

My best time was 10.185 et. Made it through 3 rounds, lost in the 4th round to a busa from seattle, Buster. He has a built busa, stretched, and he is experienced, runs low 9's.

This was the most fun I have ever had, and the feeling is indescribeable (sp).

I am getting my license next week since I will be faster than 10s my next time out. What a blast!!!!!  
kickass.gif
Right On! 10.1, Good stuff.

Now is this why you called out for more HP? I can see the need now...

Satisfied...you're getting a bill for my film. Oh yeah digital camera...well then a bill for my batteries.

Cache_Race.jpg

Oops, wrong one...try this
Uh Cache...Not to criticize, but when the light turns green, you are supposed to go then...not in a few seconds...but right as it turns green...
rock.gif
rock.gif

Lemme guess you were checking for traffic right? Making sure that know one was running the red light?
tounge.gif

Just playing....

rock.gif

jeez... had to dig that up..... I staged too deep, didn't red light, didnt even get a time! So, I was sittin there wonderin what the hell happend. Then it dawned on me. THAT 6 IS LEAVING ME!!!!! Needless to say, after that run, that guy said he thought he had me beat... then he saw a blur go by him about 3/4 of the way down the track. No ET for that run, but was fun, exept for the front wheel off the ground and I'm heading for the wall!
laugh.gif

I had a great time shooting the breeze, and watching the bike action. It was fun meeting Cache, Thinker, Havoc, Buster, Buzzard & Phil (from Milwaulke?). Saw Kirk and his wife, but didn't get a chance to talk with them, as they left pretty early. I want to thank Farmer Rog (I hope that's correct) for letting me stash my gear in his trailer, and Havoc for the ear (ever listen to those imports in the bleach box?) plugs. If the rest of the crew we're hooking up with for Laguna is half as cool as these guys are......we're gonna have a GOOOOD time!

Back