Busa Wreck  mouth of tunnel in Monterey

RidersNation

Stud Muffin
Donating Member
Registered
last night on KCBA. I turned on news and first image I see was the Busa Kanji on a 2005 Busa Red/black and then a 10R or 2005 6R or 10R Ninja.

It happened at the North Mouth of the Tunnel going from downtown Monterey to Cannery Row.

One of the bikes was going so fast that it sheared, not knocked over a metal light pole (10" diameter)
Apparently from witnesses they were racing and exited the tunnel together too close to eachother and crashed.

Both riders in 20-30s, Poor kids just bought em.
1 Dead at scene.

GOT VIDEO HERE KCBA Tunnel Accident

Roy!
Why??
This could fugg seriously our Cannery Row Nights

<!--EDIT|RidersNation
Reason for Edit: "got video feed"|1109180406 -->

No racing in town dammit!
mad.gif
  stupid!

Looked like a zx6

Newspaper : http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/montereyherald/news/local/10970074.htm

<!--EDIT|Hawaiibusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109180636 -->

That's too bad! You do have to know the right time and place!

Sad to hear, but I'm tired of idiots racing in the middle of towns.  Take it to the track or the middle of nowhere.  I'm just glad no innocent bystanders were hurt!

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109180968 -->

Motorcyclist dies after crash near tunnel

Herald Staff Report

A man in his 20s was fatally injured when the motorcycle he was riding struck a light pole in Monterey and skidded for several yards, authorities reported.
He and another motorcyclist were heading north on Lighthouse Avenue near the tunnel around 7:30 p.m., police said. Both were riding near each other and were wearing helmets, police said.
The first rider was coming out of the tunnel when he lost control of his motorcycle, police said. The second rider also lost control of his motorcycle for an unknown reason.
Both men were taken to Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula. The first motorcyclist had severe head and neck trauma and died at the hospital, firefighters said. The second rider had a possible leg fracture, firefighters reported. Names and exact ages were not available late Tuesday.
A trauma helicopter had been called out to the Monterey Peninsula Airport to take one of the motorcyclists to a San Francisco Bay Area hospital but was called off moments after firefighters attempted to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation, firefighters said.
Traffic heading north in the tunnel was limited to one lane and traffic going south was diverted through downtown Monterey. Officers are continuing to investigate the cause of the accident.

Back