Busa Won't Start

marstaton4

Registered
Came across a 2003 busa that had been wrecked and sitting for about 18 months. Wrecked in a wheelie gone bad, and busted the case cover. I'm guessing the tipover sensor saved the motor. I just put in a generic battery replacement. I'll try to crank it for about 15 seconds the FI light will turn on and it will backfire once i let off the starter. The fuel pump does turn on when the ignition is switched on. Can smell a little bit of gas. There was probably a gallon of gas in it when it had been sitting. I tried filling up the tank to dillute the bad gas. Could the spark plugs be bad? Or the fuel injectors clogged. The bike has been sitting in a heated garage. Any input would be great. BTW i'm not sure if the busa needs a headlight to start like somebikes do but this does not have one hooked up.

Thanks

gotta get that old gas out - clean out the tank, clean the fuel injectors - most likely they are gummed up with varnish - I'd replace the fuel lines as well.

Bike does not need a headlamp on to start

Definitely get that old gas out. Spark plugs will need to be changed and the fuel injectors checked.

baaa.gif
iamwithstupid.gif
face7.gif

drain all the old gas... clean/replace the injectors!! That should help mate

Back