Busa won't start...help

boneman

Registered
Hey guys, got a 2000 Hayabusa, never had problems with it until now. Wanted to find out if any of ya'll had some clues before I dig into this thing. Got up this morning and bike wouldn't start...nothing, nada. Engine oil light is on and the clock comes up fine. I see the "chek" pop up. Starter button does nothing. I've checked the fuses and they look fine. I just rode the thing Saturday no problems. Got headlights signals all electrical just won't react to the start button.

What goofy tool to I need to purchase to get the check codes?

Thanks.

...take that back, I get no chek code, just the oil light stays on. I have oil in it!

<!--EDIT|boneman
Reason for Edit: None given...|1096294194 -->

Maybe just maybe....Disconnect the battery..and disasemble..the starter button switch assm.
also check the clutch lever switch and also check your kickstand switch...all interconnected..did you wash it between rides..maybe a corrosion problem in one of these switchs..good luck.
Sorry if this sounds lame...You did remember to pull in the clutch lever, in neutral ,with the kickstand up..before trying to start it ?
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|PaceMaster
Reason for Edit: None given...|1096294621 -->

Yes the battery is good, yes it's not in gear, yes the kill switch is in its proper local. Yes pulling the clutch in, all that is covered FYI

The "CHEC" does come on if the kill switch is off with the ignition on. "FI" never came on.

Okay here's the weird part. I tore the bike apart, disconnected different sensors (ones easily accessible), cleaned the wireharness connectors out with contact cleaner, pulled all the fuses, reconnected. pulled the batter of course, disconnected the ecu. Got everything back together and it started! Gremlins. (yes I did wash between rides)

Not sure what is going on. I'll keep an eye on it though. I was able to drive around no problem smooth as a baby's butt. Starts up great.

Thanks for your help!

probalby just vibrated something on your last ride, when you took it all apart, you reseated it with a good contact. Hopefully you won't have any more problems out of it.

Sorry if this sounds lame...You did remember to pull in the clutch lever, in neutral ,with the kickstand up..before trying to start it  ?
rock.gif
Yes, I've been caught in this
tounge.gif
... make sure it's out of gear if the kickstand is down and you're trying to start it
smile.gif

i experience the same problem with boneman as well. All electricals working fine but it just won't crank! No CHEC shown on the Clock as well. being not technically incline, i have just sent it to the workshop to check it out. hopefully it's nothing serious, just like boneman.

You wouldn't believe how many times in the aviation maintenance business that a problem/gremlin can be fixed by cleaning a connector or re-racking a component....I have a buddy that had a Gixxer 600....couldn't get the bike to run....I just moved a connector from the charging system around and fixed it....Hope it doesn't come back, but at least it was just a minor problem....

Back