Busa without steering damper?

OB_Animal

Registered
Has anyone already tried out how he likes his Busa without that damper.
Feels to me it would be a lot less Bus at low speeds without turning into a TL-S like tankslapping monster with it removed?

I have also wondered how the bike would be without tires, you know just rims. The feeling of aluminum on asphalt, think of the money saved on tires.

Steering Damper's do rattle at low speed on uneven ground, and those tires stinking and clouding up the air. Why dose Suzuki do this to us, surely just to drive up the price.

Sure glad to see Kawasaki didn't waste their time and money on swingarm braceing(now thats progress), when will Suzuki learn?

I took the damper off my Bus as soon as I
got my bike home from the dealer. I haven't had any problems in almost 3000 miles and
the bike definitely steers quicker. I also
have a 97 TLS and rode it without a damper
on for over 10 Thousand miles with the same results, no problems and quicker steering

This may not be for everyone but I don't
care for dampers and I'll never run them again on either bike.

Thanks MagicBus,

That's the kind of reply I was hoping for from at least one other Busa owner.

Think that the Busa in itself is a lot less likely becoming a notorious tankslapper like the TL-S and even then it may be a factor how heavy one is and how one sits on the bike. With my 230 lbs and me being seated as far front (almost on the tank) as I can get, I don't expect any problems.

Eddie Lawson was the smoothest rider of his era.

Many people think it's because he had his steering damper reefed down so hard that he could barely turn the bars.

He had NO CHOICE but to be ultra smooth and to plan his corners well.

I hope you don't have an accident that the damper could have helped prevent.

Low tire pressure, esp. in the front, has caused me more tankslapper problems than lack of a steering damper. But if you're going to run race pace over bumps, they're quite useful in holding a line, since the suspension is much less effective at high lean angles.

Back