BUSA vs. ZX14

czthaday

Registered
I just bought my 08 busa and the dealer wanted gave me a great deal if I would let him put on a mussy exhaust from earlier years. It worked to the tune of 192.5 hp out of the box. No additional work. I went back a week later and they told me a customer came in with a 07 zx14 with about $3k of engine work including a power commander. The customer was really proud when it dyno'd at 182 hp until they should him the read out from my bike with no work. If anyone every had a doubt about how the king was. Let them doubt now more

DCAM0015.JPG

I would have questioned it myself if I hadn't been their myself. Where in Asheville are you??? I live in the same area. I took video of the Dyno pull. Have you been on one of the new ones yet? This thing is light years differnet than the 1st generation busa's

Last thing I would do is show a customer that spent that kind of money a sheet that would make him regret it.... bad business move IMO

I have seen reports of 200hp on the 08 ZX

Hey nice wheels and Looks like you trimmed the mud flap, have u got a better pic?

Nice Bike! Just got my 08 Gray and Black one a week ago! What mods were needed to get the exhaust to fit? Was a Power Commander installed? How's that pipe sound, good I'm sure!!!!! Did you purchase the licence plate bracket or just make one? Thanks!

Jack nothing was added except the muxxy ehaust. No power commander or engine work. I bought the licence bracket and had it installed. It sounds great and reduced my weight by 45lbs each can was about 17 lbs. made a big differnce. email me at czthaday@msn.com and I will send you the video of my bike on the dyno with sound

Jack nothing was added except the muxxy ehaust. No power commander or engine work. I bought the licence bracket and had it installed. It sounds great and reduced my weight by 45lbs each can was about 17 lbs. made a big differnce. email me at czthaday@msn.com and I will send you the video of my bike on the dyno with sound
Hey man yes I live in Asheville. Where did you buy your bike? I have one coming from MR. any day. What did you pay out the door? I can't wait to experience this bad boy. Stay in touch I'd like to see your bike as well as ride some. I orderd the black/grey. peace.

Got mine from Ricky Hendrix in Charlotte. I waited for Bryan to get me one but he couldn't get a blue one. If ride a busa now the new busa is the differnce between night and day. It handles some much better than my old busa. Let me know when you get your busa and will hit town mountain road.

Got mine from Ricky Hendrix in Charlotte. I waited for Bryan to get me one but he couldn't get a blue one. If ride a busa now the new busa is the differnce between night and day. It handles some much better than my old busa. Let me know when you get your busa and will hit town mountain road.
Sounds good to me. What part of asheville do you live? I'm over near reynolds highschool.

A zx-14 with $3000 worth of engine work only made 182hp? Now everyone here knows that I am not a Kawi fan, but what kind of "engine work" was done to that bike? Did the owner have the heads gold plated and nothing else? I am not doubting you, I am doubting the tuner and/or Kawi owner.

The guys at the Suzuki Dealership said the same thing... Who ever did the mods didn't do something right...
Thats probly all mods done to the bike . If it was just engine it would be way better . or the guy got ripped off. Hell I plan on doing a 1397 and it will be around $3k , and I've been told I WILL get over 200rwhp.

I got an 07 Gen1 zx and getting that without the motor work, something is really messed up with that bike. Never had the busa on a dyno wonder what it would do?

Back