Busa vs. ZX14 (NEW)

(1300hemibusa @ Sep. 10 2006,17:31) Bill sounds like fun...I was at the street drags  also but didn't bring my bike ... What Kawi you want me to bring? As you can see my zrx is very close in ET to the zx14...     Bad part about the Deland track is that is to short for a high MPH big ...I saw a Gixxer not make the stop and went out into the woods..A few other have crashed at the end trying to stop... If i were to bring a bike it would be the ZRX seeing it only runs a 139 in the 1/4  Vs 148 for the zx14..
Bill if your up for it lets make a date to meet up at BMP on a test and tune night.. Great track , lots of hook and a lot safer ....Get some friends together come on over and we will have a great time... I race there all the time with some friends on Busas,Gixxers, zx10s  and one gal on a fast ass zx14... It's all about having a good time with friends...
 P/S we did chat that day at the street drags...
cool...sorry about forgeting that we ever spoke...that was a hectic week for me.

and yes....the deland track does have a short run-off...it's one on those tracks taht you almost hafta be better on the brakes than you are on the clutch and throttle!
laugh.gif
I almost put my old ZRX in the woods several times there...an ya haven't lived till ya got the azz end of a ZRX hopping 2' high and side-too-side while hard on the brakes.....while still at 100+mph! LOL!....with trees coming up in the next 100 yards!
wow.gif

Truth is?...i probably wouldn't go real far outta my way to drag race but?..ya never konw so?..where exactly is this "BMP" track?...surely you're not talking about "Billings Motor Park"
laugh.gif

Also...one of my riding buds....h.org member Dakkine2 has had about enough of the street racing scene 'round these parts...too many squids and idots going down...so he's been look'in at stratch'in and slamm'in but we live like 40 minutes north of Moroso...but...maybe one weekend we could shoot on over to where ever the he11 BMP is...I think.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(JINKSTER @ Sep. 10 2006,20:59)
(1300hemibusa @ Sep. 10 2006,17:31) Bill sounds like fun...I was at the street drags  also but didn't bring my bike ... What Kawi you want me to bring? As you can see my zrx is very close in ET to the zx14...     Bad part about the Deland track is that is to short for a high MPH big ...I saw a Gixxer not make the stop and went out into the woods..A few other have crashed at the end trying to stop... If i were to bring a bike it would be the ZRX seeing it only runs a 139 in the 1/4  Vs 148 for the zx14..
Bill if your up for it lets make a date to meet up at BMP on a test and tune night.. Great track , lots of hook and a lot safer ....Get some friends together come on over and we will have a great time... I race there all the time with some friends on Busas,Gixxers, zx10s  and one gal on a fast ass zx14... It's all about having a good time with friends...
 P/S we did chat that day at the street drags...
cool...sorry about forgeting that we ever spoke...that was a hectic week for me.

and yes....the deland track does have a short run-off...it's one on those tracks taht you almost hafta be better on the brakes than you are on the clutch and throttle!
laugh.gif
I almost put my old ZRX in the woods several times there...an ya haven't lived till ya got the azz end of a ZRX hopping 2' high and side-too-side while hard on the brakes.....while still at 100+mph! LOL!....with trees coming up in the next 100 yards!
wow.gif

Truth is?...i probably wouldn't go real far outta my way to drag race but?..ya never konw so?..where exactly is this "BMP" track?...surely you're not talking about "Billings Motor Park"
laugh.gif

Also...one of my riding buds....h.org member Dakkine2 has had about enough of the street racing scene 'round these parts...too many squids and idots going down...so he's been look'in at stratch'in and slamm'in but we live like 40 minutes north of Moroso...but...maybe one weekend we could shoot on over to where ever the he11 BMP is...I think.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Bill here is a link to BMP Brandenton Motor sports Park..>> http://www.bradentonmotorsports.com/ Kind of a long trip if you are down by Morso ( 2 to 3 Hour drive maybe?) Anyway lets plan to hook up at the street drags in Deland this year... I'll bring my ZRX and we will get some of that great BBQ at the track...
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(1300hemibusa @ Sep. 10 2006,18:06) Bill here is a link to BMP  Brandenton Motor sports Park..>>  http://www.bradentonmotorsports.com/     Kind of a long trip if you are down by Morso ( 2 to 3 Hour drive maybe?)   Anyway lets plan to hook up at the street drags in Deland this year... I'll bring my ZRX  and we will get some of that great BBQ at the track...  
biggrin.gif
Done!
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

(PaNDeM1C @ Sep. 09 2006,22:26)
(JINKSTER @ Sep. 09 2006,23:13) Cycle World...Sept. Issue....page #43...sidebar column entitled......"Metered Power".....in the ZX-14 VS Hayabusa article entitled...."2X2 Speed Kings"....final paragraph by "Don Canet".......

"So what does this mean for ZX-14 owners? Doyou bang an upshift before pulling out to pass a truck? Not quite, but you may want to avoid a 3rd gear roll-on contest with a 'Busa for pinks."

and i'm not gonna lie here as i feel i am neither a busa zealot nor a fan of kaws latest battleship..but i am more sportrider than anything else and the thing that atracted me most towards the busa was it's stunning combination of V-twin like low end grunt coupled with the top-end rush of the hottest of in-line fours..with HUGE torque numbers "across the board"...so?..naturally?....I just hadta smile when i read Mr. Canets final line.
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

and?...L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Maybe that's why Suzuki never changed it's website proclamations about the Busa being the fastest...

But oh!!! The 14 has better brakes! Because it has better brakes let's all go out and buy one!

LOL! It's not like we can't just fix our Busa brakes or anything...
actually the busa has better brakes, the test was performed by bike magazine, yes a distance braking test, the 13.5 lost in all 3 ranges...

I have seen 9.48s out of the box from the busa back in 1999, in fact back in the day there was a video of it floating around...

its obvious the busa carves up the 13.5 like a thanksgiving goose, so maybe the 13.5 has a faster top end speed? hmm, if it does why didnt they show it?

the 13.5 is the king of flop, wont make it past next year as the all new gsxr1000 is sure to mop up in all areas, oh wait a minute it already does? oh well a lighter faster more agile 1000 is sure to embarass 13.5 engineers and have them thinking why did we even try?

any idea who paid for that advertisement?

(Over_Easy @ Sep. 10 2006,09:41) ...............Majority of people ride in the streets and the twisty backroads of the real world and it's evident that this is an area where the Busa excells over the ZX-14.............
1300Hemibusa is the most openminded person here.....cuz he knows better.

I have seen no 'busa keep up with me in the canyons (some litre bikes do)............tight roads that prove what a bike/rider can do - maybe the riders suck........

fairinghole.jpg

I got fairing damage from dragging the ground........new tire has less than 200miles on it........

ncsr.jpg

...........zero chicken strip.

I fail to understand why people talk so much crap all the time......take a test ride and KNOW the diff..........can't trust a magazine that is trying to sell 7yrs worth of 'busa parts......

Back