Busa vs ZX12 my story

cache

Banned
My drag racing buddy has a '01 ZX12 and is always in the top 3 in points at the track.

Mods:

His ZX12 has -
Muzzy's pipe
elec shifter
shift light
Power commander
lowered
sprocket -1 up front
years of experience under his belt.

My Busa has -
Muzzy's pipe
lowered
sprocket -1 up front
5 days at the track total.

Disclaimer: This guy is my friend, and in no way am I trying to dog him or his bike, BUT!!!! When you win, you win. Must be shared!

Today, we both got eliminated early. Time for TimeOnly runs.
Well, I beat him on one of the runs. Was a great feeling for me, since he has way more power than mine, way more experience, and his only mistake was one mis-shift.

Here our rides are after that run:

IM000232.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
and the time slip:

my number is 391......
both pretty bad runs, but I BEAT HIS ASS! FINALLY!!!!!

IM000235.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh....wait, now i remember the picture of you next to thinker and that other guy forgot who it was....

You should be in the 8's

Dude, I'll take a 9.82, nothin wrong with that. A few weeks ago you had a best of what...I think you said 10.5? Thats a pretty good improvement in a relatively short time. Nice work.

Not a lot of folks out there riding the big Busa actually have the balls to take the thing to a track and put their skills (or lack of skills) on display. Good work and keep bringing them times down.

And I wouldn't worry about doging your Bro, but if your going to dog him about anything dog him about that Phugley Quacker he's rollin round on...Man, it makes the Busa look like an absolute predator. The ZX12 in the shot looks over large and unfinished, the Busa looks freakin sweet...Though I may be biased...

They always feel like slow times when you know you can do better.

Dude, I'll take a 9.82, nothin wrong with that.  A few weeks ago you had a best of what...I think you said 10.5?  Thats a pretty good improvement in a relatively short time. Nice work.

Not a lot of folks out there riding the big Busa actually have the balls to take the thing to a track and put their skills (or lack of skills) on display.   Good work and keep bringing them times down.

And I wouldn't worry about doging your Bro, but if your going to dog him about anything dog him about that Phugley Quacker he's rollin round on...Man, it makes the Busa look like an absolute predator.  The ZX12 in the shot looks over large and unfinished, the Busa looks freakin sweet...Though I may be biased...
if you check my times in the "1/4 mile" forum, my times last time out was down to 9.73 and I placed 3rd.
but yes, was only a month ago I went for my racing license..... just keep setting small goals and accomplishing them.
wink.gif

on another note, I applaude him for winning regularly on his ZX12. He is one of the few that make it a great competitor.

Im just trying to give ya a hard time 'cause I havent been over 50 mph yet
lookaround.gif
, but once i get it to back to 17/40 I will spread my wings. Just pulls too hard for me and wheelies too easily.

Right on Cache...drags are fun..hope to show you a time slip before the season is over...40 bucks at Sacramento..
A nine second run is "Fast"...Just imagine how few vehicles..
can do that on the street...no matter what the cost....
Busa just plain rocks...got mine all cleaned up today after our Laguna ride..and even fully loaded as the wife and i plus luggage....still very quick..love those freeway on ramps...hehe.
Pace

The more you go the better you will become...Wish my lard a$$ could come close to that 1/8th time...Well anyway I'm gonna keep trying...

Back