Busa vs zx-14

Damn....the 07 Busa better kick the Kwak's A$$.

The ZZR1400 beat the Busa on the Performance Bikes magazine's TT too. Shame, really...
sad.gif

Although, I have to admit, it is really cool how the Kwak's needles sweep the clocks when you turn the key in the ignition.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|doodoggy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156312437 -->

1. The dyno doesn't matter because we ride the bikes on the road...
2. Busa won. On the street where it really matters...
3. Drag strip results were pretty even (so take in rider skill into the equation if these 2 bikes meet up in reality... and mods).
4. Busa looks better.
5. Busa sells better.

So, a 14 can beat a Busa and a Busa can beat a 14 (under any conditions) because it's all based on the skill of the rider.... so Kawasaki and Suzuki owners can feel pretty secure with their bikes. Neither one of them can blow the other off the road. And I still don't see a reason why Suzuki needs to wet their pants because it finally took another company 7 years to just simply make a bike that can keep up if not "eek" it.

Yeah I didnt mention before that I thought this was funny actually. Personally I dont care for the looks of the 14, though Im not going to put it down either. I think overall its a interesting bike with some overall good qualities. Personally I wouldnt own one due to the looks but would like to ride one to see how they ride. I just like fast toys and the busa is everything Ive ever wanted in a bike. Im waiting for the 07 to see what it brings, but if its not really over the top, Im going to do a few mods to old faithful to rekindle the fire....

Good vid. +1 on what Pan sez. What mattered most to me was "Busa rocked the canyons. But the 14 wasn't too far behind." With a good rider, Busa will smoke the 14 in the twisties. To me, That's perfection!!!

I was poking around, and found this supercharger for the ZX-14.

This is sooo cool. NOT!

I didn't listen to the audio (I'm at work), but I can't for the life of me imagine someone with half a brain thinking this would be a good idea/moderately effective.

<!--EDIT|Juggler
Reason for Edit: "#3"|1156343163 -->

I wish Kawi would have raised the Bar a little higher. Not that I'm giving Suzuki any praise for their 8 year coffee break. IMO we all lose.

cool clip! the "bus" wasn't trailing too much as i can see. i can't wait til' nov. i think suzi was waiting to see if anyone would step it up and dethrone the "almighty".

I don't feel bad because...The day i bought my busa?...I didn't buy it because it was the fastest production bike in the world...as while straight line top speed runs are a rush to experience every now and then?..I'm rarely inclined to do such...nor did i buy my busa for it's ability to bust into the 9's in the 1/4.....or because the busa lends itself to being the ideal drag bike platform...and while I did go with a full exhaust and pc?...I've refrained from installing cams...and why?...because i don't wanna "Feel The Hit"....cause...

I bought my busa due to it's...

1. Awesomely smooth power delivery: no dips...no spikes..just gobs of linear and predicatable power

and i bought my busa because of...

2. It's Aerodynamics: which are world reknowned and above reproach..

and between the busa's weight and power delivery?...120mph sweepers are like a curvy spot on disneys monorail...even on a windy day that would have lightweight RR Liters flinching 1/2 a lane with every gust and..

3?..For what it is i do?...the mighty busa has more of what i want....more than i'll ever need or effectively use...than any other bike out there.

That said?..the 14's got a serious engine...but for the life of me i can't figure out why kaw would purposely trashed it's low end power...my rid'in bud ZX14James confessed to me just this past weekend that his old ZX9R (now his wifes bike) would pull his 14 off the line...badly...(as his wife smiled and giggled)....and I also can't understand why kaw would make such a powerful bike and then toss a non-braced sheet metal swingarm on the beast...what were they thinking?..and while i love the functionality behind the 14's headlights?...to me?...it came at far to high of a cost in the looks department.

and finally?...99.99999% of the riding i do?...ain't "Top Speed" or 1/4 mile point 'n shoots....it's..."Backroads"...and when i get a chance to get to the mountains?....it's..."Canyons"...hence?...for me?...the busa is still king.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

I liked that test-showed overall effectiveness of both bikes, and how "real guys" strip times are waaaaay diff from a pro-riders.
that being said-i hope I never meet a pro rider on a ZX-14, cuz I'll end up with my foot in my mouth!
tounge.gif

but even if my buddy gets one of those next year, and spanks me in the quarter, I'll still be happy with my bike, because I just love the way the Busa looks-THE sexiest bike body I've ever seen, n I hope they dont mess that up in the next version.
smile.gif

1. The dyno doesn't matter because we ride the bikes on the road...
2. Busa won. On the street where it really matters...
3. Drag strip results were pretty even (so take in rider skill into the equation if these 2 bikes meet up in reality... and mods).
4. Busa looks better.
5. Busa sells better.

So, a 14 can beat a Busa and a Busa can beat a 14 (under any conditions) because it's all based on the skill of the rider.... so Kawasaki and Suzuki owners can feel pretty secure with their bikes. Neither one of them can blow the other off the road. And I still don't see a reason why Suzuki needs to wet their pants because it finally took another company 7 years to just simply make a bike that can keep up if not "eek" it.
6.AfterMarket
7.Tried and true 7 years worth of testing and tweaking..

The Busa is a proven bike.... I'm with Jinkster, most of us drive our Busas on the road and the Busa Kicks butt all around on the street. Even if you are going to the track, Busa has more mods. Our bikes don't have clutches locking up after a few hundred miles of rough riding, they are built better and they look a heck of alot better. The bikes are so close it all comes down to the rider. I am curious how many guys on here bought their Busa because it was the fastest thing on the road or because it was the best bike on the road for them? For me it fits me and my riding style. I think the guys buying the Kawi are either die hard Kawi guys or a bunch of kids that need to have the fastest thing on wheels and have something to compensate for. Let them have the ugly damn thing.

I bought the Busa because I was wanting to get back into sportbikes. I wanted comfortable two up riding. The 14 is ugly to me., I coulnd't find an ZX-11 for sale anywhere close. It is beautiful and the fact that is was the fastest thing going didn't hurt.

I see a busa.....I see a work of art

I see zx-14.....I see a pokeimon thats been kicked in the forehead.

I sat next to a guy with a Harley jacket on my flight home this afternoon. We had a pretty nice conversation. One of his clients just bought the ZX-14 and he got to ride it last week. Now this guy owns 3 HDs right now and is not the Sportbike kind of guy. He said that the ZX-14 was "super" fast. I asked how fast he had it up to and he replied "90". So I asked what gear it was in and he thought it was fifth. He never took it above 5000RPMs either. Had to explain that they don't start to really pull until they get above 7000RPMs. I saw that "You have got to be kidding me" look on his face too. He was pretty proud of the fact that his "Ultra Classic" ran pretty smooth at 80 mph too. I bit my tongue....LOL We exchanged numbers since I have a HD too and plan on riding together sometime. I plan on showing up for that ride on the Busa...hehehe

Back